Team 2656 Website

Hello there Chief Delphi!

I lead the media subgroup of my robotics team. As the lead of media, I am incharge of the team website.

I would like to showcase the website of Gateway Highschool Robotics.

What else does the website need?
What pages do we need to work on?
Is the website up for the media award?

http://team2656.steelcityrobotics.org/wordpress/

Overall, the site looks quite clean. The only thing that really stands out in my eyes is that terribly scaled header image.
If you are shooting for the website (media) award, I would really focus on CONTENT. Put in lots of quality content. Videos, Pictures, Podcasts, whatever you can.
I can see you’re using WordPress, which may put you at a slight disadvantage to those who are creating theirs from scratch.
Good luck!

What is FRC?: Add a link to FIRST’s website. Something like “For more information, visit usfirst.org

The banner seems a bit busy, even a little hard to read. Try adding a white border around the letters or changing the font. Maybe adjusting the background’s opacity. And make the image dimensions larger than it is now, so it doesn’t look stretched-out.

Other than that, it looks good. Clean, simple, and organized. It’d be nice if the search box didn’t cause the menu to split up like that, but that’s just a personal pet peeve.

Our website is powered by wordpress as it gives the administrators an easier time dealing with the website.

We are also working on adding videos and images to the site. Sooner or later at least!

Thank you for your feedback!

At the homepage, there should be a FIRST logo which takes you to a the FIRST web page. Other than that, I should still put a link to their website under “What is FRC?”

The banner is also work in progress.

The splitting of the menu is a bit of an eyesore. I’ll see what i can do about it.

Thank you for your feedback!

nice website overall. the wordpress is a nifty feature

Great job guys! I used Twenty Eleven as well, but I mod’ed the heck out of mine :slight_smile: Feel free to take a peek at ours (www.teamneutrino.org) and let me know if you have any questions as I’ll be more than happy to answer them and help you guys out with your site if you want me to :slight_smile:

-David

David- not sure if Stephen contacted you or not, but there’s definitely a few things you could help us out with. Appreciated the GP! 3928’s website is awesome!

No contact yet, but I’d be more than happy to help out where I can. :slight_smile: