Team 3000 Student Death

I am sad to convey the news of the death of one of the students from Team 3000, Jeffersontown High School, Louisville, KY. Dylan First, the Team 3000 FRC team captain, passed away after an accident while at an FCA Motocross camp on December 30th. This would have been his senior season in FRC, having competed in each of the past 3 seasons. Dylan was an excellent student and a great friend. He had a very bright future ahead of him. From my point of view as a mentor, he was one of few team members on our team that really understood the purpose of FIRST. He will be greatly missed. Below are links to his obituary and a news article about him. Please keep the First family in your prayers through this tough time.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Senior-at-Jeffersontown-HS-killed-in-dirt-bike-accident-136594703.html

http://www.newcomerlouisville.com/obituary.asp?src=value&obitid=53878

Dustin Jones
Team 3000 Mentor

I am sorry to hear that my prayers are with Team 3000 to get through the 2012 season effectively and also my prayers are with his family in this tough time especially coming right before the new year.

Our sincerest thoughts and prayers are with all of his friends and family, and that you all be comforted during this painful time.

Team 2531 robohawks is sorry about the loss and hope that the team can continue to have a good time. I will be sure to relay this post to our team mentors and tell them to post a reply. Again I am sorry to hear about this. Good luck

Team 2584 is very sad to hear of your loss. Our prayers are with your team and the First family. We will pray for the hole this creates in all your lives.

Dylan’s family and Team 3000 have my best wishes and most sincere thoughts to get through these tough times.

Sorry to hear of your loss. We’ll be praying for you. If the team needs anything, we’re just a couple hours south of you.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Dylan. We send our condolences to his family and your team in this difficult time.

Please along our our condolences to Dylan family, friends and team. After reading of his accomplishments, he was certainly an inspiration to all who knew him. Eagle Scout, musician, First, PLTW, Christian Athlete, and the list just continues. A fine young man.

From reading Dylan’s obituary he sounds like someone I would have been honored to know. I can’t imagine the pain and sorrow his family and friends must be feeling from the premature loss of such an outstanding individual. Hopefully FIRST Team 3000 can be inspired to greatness in a competition season dedicated to his memory. My sincerest condolences are extended to all who have been affected by this tragic loss.

We at Team 2823 sends our condolences, may Team 3000 go to the Nationals this year.
A loss of a FRC member is a loss to the world, especially if they are a friend…

Team 316 sends their condolences for the loss of Dylan :frowning: We hope you make it extremely far in every competition you are in!

I am very sorry to hear about this. Being a greater Louisville Resident and 4 year FRC veteran, his in a few ways hits close to home.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss, my prayers go out to team 3000 and the First family.

We of 2410 send our condolences, and wish Team 3000 a successful season. Metal Mustang Robotics will remember him, even if we did not know him personally.

Team 1555 is sorry for your lose. Sounds like a great kid and a great leader. You’re in our prayers.

FIRST Team 1296 sends our collective condolences and prayers to Dylan’s family, friends and team. He sounds like a remarkable young man.