Team 330 Presents - Beach 'Bot 2011

Team 330’s entry for 2011.

Well there’s a surprise :stuck_out_tongue:

If it works anything like it’s near twin you guys should have a great year.

Team 330’s 2007 robot was by far my favourite of that year. I’m looking forward to seeing the 2011 version in action. If it’s anything like the '07 robot, it should dominate.

This reminds of the same mean robot I was in 2007. It was so simple and efficient and worked flawlessly. Great robot again!

Wow. That is beautiful!

Beautiful bot, I’m sure the 8 wheels will keep anyone from pushing you around on the field. Look out Arizona, 330 is looking for a repeat :slight_smile:

Nice render!

I miss the wings.

Nice! You should have put the plamps on just for kicks!

Would you mind uploading the pic to CD for those of us stuck behind internet blocks at work?

I’m absolutely shocked by the lack of the kop FP gearboxes!

You mean that big black plastic thing at the base of the arm tower? :yikes:

Totally missed that on my phone. I saw what looks like a silver box off the side and assumed banebots.

So, did you guys go through your regular design discussion/strategy phase or was it modified/shortened due to the 2007 robot’s success?

And is it happy with the crate? :slight_smile:

Jane

Looks like another great design from our Neighbors! Best of luck this week in Arizona and best of luck getting it in the crate and back to LA for the following week!

That does look a lot like a BB gearbox hanging off the intermediate stage of the gearing.

Ever year I’m impressed by the Beachbots ability to pump out amazing robots that look so incredibly clean and simple

Unfortunately I won’t be able to see much of its debut with my team competing this weekend, but hopefully some video will get posted afterwards.

Thanks everyone!

Nice render!

It’s actually a photo with the background whited out.

Would you mind uploading the pic to CD for those of us stuck behind internet blocks at work?

Will do.

I’m absolutely shocked by the lack of the kop FP gearboxes!..Totally missed that on my phone. I saw what looks like a silver box off the side and assumed banebots.

The fisher price on the arm will never die :stuck_out_tongue:

So, did you guys go through your regular design discussion/strategy phase or was it modified/shortened due to the 2007 robot’s success?

We went through the same system design process as usual. We still considered different design types (arm vs. lift), but ultimately ended with the same answer. We combined our past experiences and lessons learned from 2007 which accelerated some aspects of the design process and allowed us to greatly improve on our 2007 bot. This robot is more efficient and easier to drive.

Really? The claw looks too pretty to be real. :slight_smile:

I thought the same thing at first…

Someone should ask it that after it gets out of the bag.

(OK, so it’s in the bag in the crate for transport to Arizona right now…)