Team 3476 Code Orange Highlights Video (New)

Code Orange (from Orange County California), FRC Team 3476, presents Highlights of our robot from the 2013 World Championship in St. Louis, MO.

We are Newton Division Champions with our alliance partners Team 303, TEST Team, and Team 1640, Sab-BOT-age. We were the first pick by the #3 Alliance Captain. This was our second trip to the Championships, after winning the San Diego Regional in 2012. We will be at IRI. See everyone in Indianapolis!!!

The video is on YouTube at: http://youtu.be/6c-SZ2fQQdE

We shoot our 3 starting discs into the 6 point goal in Autonomous. Then we pick up 4 discs from the floor and shoot them, also, for a total of 42 points in Autonomous. Our 2-speed gear box allows us to both quickly move around and to push others when needed. Our 4 powerful shooter motors and fast aiming setup allow us to score discs from many positions. Watch this video and see how fast our human loader is and how we suck discs off the floor. We have a fast pre-or post-buzzer 10 point pneumatic climber.

Our alliances at the Championships scored some of the highest match points this year: 180, 183, 184, 184, 187, 188, 192, 196, 199, 200, 247.

There is a different 2013 Team 3476 Highlights video from the Inland Empire Regional in San Bernardino, CA at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fI0Oy8AiQU .

Our alliances in the Inland Empire Regional scored some of the highest match points in the country at the time: 110, 111, 112, 125, 147, 149, 153, 169.

The following is a link to another team video showing our students, our practice field and some of our Autonomous Modes with Center line pick up. http://youtu.be/ZtiuyRPAeiE

You guys made a better and more versatile robot in a garage than many teams made with a dedicated workshop (610 included :slight_smile: ) .

Thanks for some awesome matches on Einstein, and congrats on an incredible season! I hope to see your team at the championship again next year!

Thanks! It was very fun to play with you.

Still one of my favorite robots from this year :smiley:

Code Orange is one of the nicest and most respectable teams I’ve been around. Students and mentors are both passionate and fun to work with.

Thanks guys! It was really fun to see 987 at IRI. Your robots and team members are always amazing.

You guys were great in Inland Empire, with us in your alliance all the way to the finals. You won the Newton division at Championships and performed well at IRI. It was great to see you guys and I really like your team. I also love the fact that at IRI you guys were finalist via mistake during alliance selection and had one the the worlds highest scores this year. I hope to see you guys at Fall Classic, it will be awesome.

What was the mistake?

After they were picked, you could hear the 1310(?) team representative whisper something to the MC, and then the MC saying that they weren’t allowed to change their pick. I’m assuming they meant to pick 3467, but that is just my guess. It’s unfortunate, and I am sure it must have been a huge let down to 3476 to hear that, but I have to say that 3476 played a great game during the elims. I’m not sure if it was better or worse than 3467, but good enough to get their alliance to finals.

This is true, 1310 meant to pick 3467, though after eliminations everyone thought it was the best mistake they could have possibly made, and were so happy that they ended up with 3476 on their alliance. Code Orange was simply amazing. I only wish we had the opportunity to accidentally play with them.

1310 and 67 put 3467 on their whiteboard and their rep accidentally said 3476. It was a common mistake all weekend. During queing, match strategy, game announcements we always were called 3476 by accident.

We were disappointed and would have loved to play with those guys but we were very happy to play with our good friends on 2648 and play with the amazing 33 & 4265. Semi finalists wasnt a bad finish either including a win against the undefeated 1114.

3467 on that alliance would have more than likely resulted in the same outcome.

Of course. That climb was amazing. If only they could have both teams…