Team 3476 Looking For Mentors

Team 3476 is looking for technical and non-technical mentors to join our team! Although we have a few industry and university mentors, we are looking for individuals to help bolster our knowledge in certain areas and help out more during the weekdays.

We are always looking for help, especially with

• FRC design with Solidworks
  • Manufacturing (Haas CNC Mill, CAM, welding, manual mill, lathe)
  • Prototyping
  • Scouting & Strategy
  • Programming
  • Business
  • General Leadership

We like to have a lot of fun and we want mentors to be

• Enthusiastic about sharing knowledge with students. The student experience is our number one priority
  • Driven to learn and improve continuously
  • Able to attend meetings during season. We have a few mentors that commute so ridesharing is definitely an option if you live a little farther
  • Willing to participate consistently on Slack and other team platforms
  • Interested in helping out with our team run events and weird side projects

Although we don’t have dental, we do offer

• A good environment where mentors can work on learning new skills and honing old ones
  • Access to a full sized practice field, open to other teams during season
  • The ability to work with a team on a limited basis if necessary
  • Use of advanced manufacturing, including a Velox CNC router, Haas CNC mill, and a Markforged printer
  • Exposure to accomplished industry professionals and parents excited to help find internships and full time opportunities for mentors
  • A workshop in a relatively fire-safe part of California

We are located in Irvine, California, which is located ~60 miles south of Los Angeles and ~85 miles north of San Diego. Our workshop is just a few miles from the University of California, Irvine and always love to welcome fellow Anteaters onto our team. We are pretty tight knit and like to have a ton of fun in season and during the off season. If you have any questions or think you are a good fit, please reach out to me and/or shoot an email to 3476@teamcodeorange.com!

17 Likes

Important question, is there banana bread?

15 Likes

Mentor deserts usually rotate between donuts, Taiwanese pastries, boba, pie, ice cream, and, yes, home made banana bread.

17 Likes

Again?

2 Likes

Gotta keep recruiting new mentors! Complacency leads to unsustainability :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How many turrets should a new mentor expect on next year’s robot?

31 Likes

1 to 5, depending on how much the ghost of 1717 decides to possess us.

31 Likes

Do swerve modules count as turrets? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

15 Likes

Do you do Field-relative positioning through non-linear state estimation?

8 Likes

Nope.

3 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

One can dream : (

1 Like

New Corn Oregano mentors should convince the team to attend IRI so that Saikiran can give me the cinnamon bread that he owes me. (Also because IRI is super fun)

11 Likes

Now that the last SoCal team is out, they’re gonna need a replacement. We can’t just send everybody to Chezy Champs.

6 Likes

We went to their practice field once and immediately had a whole table of food offered to us. A+ experience, would eat again.

24 Likes

wait are you telling me I need to mentor to get the banana bread I was promised

5 Likes

whaaaaat we didn’t get any food when we went :disappointed:

1 Like

Too much PTSD from teams that have 3 4 6 and 7 in their number I would guess.

9 Likes

Never got food offered to us but the vending machines there are really cheap

1 Like

Having their supremacy challenged in the [3,4,6,7] number space.

1 Like