Team 3489 Palmetto Video

Hey Folks,

Category 5 (Team 3489) was fortunate to have a videographer from the local US Air Force base follow us around during the Palmetto regional this year. FIRST was completely new to her, and she came away impressed with the Regional and the FIRST program in general. Linked here is her final edit (11:20 long). We’re thinking of using the video to help with future recruiting, but would welcome suggestions from the C/D community as to how to best utilize it going forward. Thanks for watching!

P.S. If the link is broken, you can search youtube with “Team 3489 Competition”.

It is great to know that the event and your team had such a positive impact on someone new to FIRST. Keep up the good work!

Awesome video guys, thanks for posting it. I’m a film student so I love seeing well-shot FRC videos. It did a good job of covering all the aspects of competition. Also, seeing that bowl in your robot always makes me smile.

Ah, memories of Palmetto. Just seeing those clips of our drive team celebrating makes me want to do it all over again. You guys are awesome, and we can’t wait to see you at SCRIW!

Nice video!

You guys are an incredibly solid young team, and I was glad to see 11 play with you.

Best of luck in the future.

Thanks for the kind words, and we look forward to competing with you at SCRIW, as well. I’m also happy to report that “Peanut” has a brand new water bowl, seeing as how we put a hole in the first one.:ahh:

Awesome video!

Thanks! We’re grateful for our great sponsors, the chance to work in the same facility as Team 342 (The Burning magnetos), and a great group of students. Our progression from Orlando to Palmetto, followed by our (too quick) exit from the quarterfinals at Palmetto left us wanting more. We felt fortunate to work with Team 11 Mort (they were tops on our pick list), and we were hopeful that their Palmetto 2011 magic would rub off on us. Unfortunately, we ran into an alliance that really performed well in our 2 elimination matches (props to 1876, 2974 and 3242). Already looking forward to the 2013 game!

I hope to post another video in a couple weeks as “Hugo 2.2” has been invited to throw out the first pitch at a Charleston Riverdogs baseball game (Single-A club for the Yankees) later this month. Stay tuned.