Team 365 Proudly Presents GeroniMOE!

Here it is, everyone. GeroniMOE. The Miracle Workerz contribution to Stack Attack! No more sneaks. No more gimmicks. Just GeroniMOE.

20e42e02ec936f0d413aa5c131372df9_l.jpg

20e42e02ec936f0d413aa5c131372df9_l.jpg

I have a feeling “snap” will be heard on those wings at some point.

Looks nice from what I can see though, omnidirectional stacker :slight_smile:

How fast do you get to the top of the ramp? How stable are you - both on the ground and on the ramp?

Yet another cool robot from MOE!!!
Rock on!

*Originally posted by Gadget470 *
**I have a feeling “snap” will be heard on those wings at some point.

Looks nice from what I can see though, omnidirectional stacker :slight_smile: **

I thought so too, but then I thought they should know better, and the wing should bend backward when pushed by other robot, but strong enough to hit the wall and push it down.

Great looking as always. Can’t want to see it at VCU.

We will not be releasing any info about GeroniMOE. Your questions will be answered at the Chesapeake regional March 13-15.

Good luck to all teams

Looks nice! What matterial are those wings made out of? It will be interesting to see how they hold up in competition. Great design over all, I hope to see how you guys do.

yeah, our wings are like that too - 1/2 inch (i think) pvc.

If you have wings that extend out long distances like us (and Geronimoe), they would severely hinder manueverability unless they were bendable. Think about it, if you get one hooked on another robot (or the bars at the side of the field), then you would get completely spun around and would have to extricate yourself before going on - this is a tremendous waste of valueable time. Fixed arms also make it extremely easy for your robot to be intercepted.

True, if they’re bendable, you wouldn’t be able to use them to block opposing robots in a KoH fashion, but hey, that’s what the chasis is for!

Sorry, Ken, The Miracle Workerz will not be at VCU this year. We chose to go to Chesapeake, Philly, and Nationals.

Looks like a high center of gravity. Might we be seeing a GeroniMOE go belly-up? Looks great, as always. (Too bad we don’t have enough time to pretti-fy Chuck :P)

It looks like you have designed a great bot, same as last year. Here is my guess as to what it does.

The stacker is capable of stacking/protecting 6-8 high stacks, and the robot has an easy way to rotate boxes. The wings are for knocking down the boxes at the beginning, and possibly for corraling boxes for stacking purposes.

Congratulations, another quality bot. I am looking forward to watching the Chesapeake regional on NASA :slight_smile:

“I have a feeling “snap” will be heard on those wings at some point.”

Our wings will never break!

As a member of last years pit crew… a “snap” is better than the creaking of aluminum c-channel as it is completly bent out of position even when it lacks the insanely large lightning holes… or when they got twisted… or driven over…

I mean really… after the pain we had fixing last years wings… anything is better.

-Ducky… the poor person who is in charge of making the MOE mascot… again…

hehe. That bending/snapping sound is familiar…
Can’t imagine why. hugs MOE mauler award

But seriously though, have some spares

Here’s a disclaimer: we will not be handing out the MOE mauler award this year. For the simple reason that we don’t plan to sit in the middle of the field and get pounded for 2 mins.

Haha. displays broken piece of what used to be a metal file card

We have two parts of MOE from last year: that file card…and there’s some MOE green paint on our frame. :smiley:

Can’t wait to see you guys in action at the Championship.

i would have to agree with both ducky and joe… and i definitely think that creaking aluminum is a bad idea, coming from someone who hacksawed about 15 new sets of wings at each competition. all i need is a red marker, a piece of U channel and a hacksaw… anyway, i can’t wait to see these new wings in action, good luck guys!

your former pit crew member, and avid supporter, dave, the scribe

After watching the previous regionals, just looking at that robot makes me think of all the tall bots that toppled… and even the short ones that flipped.

*Originally posted by Clanat *
**After watching the previous regionals, just looking at that robot makes me think of all the tall bots that toppled… and even the short ones that flipped. **

I agree, tipping is potentially a problem, but there is a reasion this robot is called GeroniMOE, not Tippy the Wonder MOEbot (yes - it was on the list of potential names). Although it is quite possible GeroniMOE will be tipped, we have worked very hard to make it as difficult as possible to take down GeroniMOE.

Keep an eye out for the Miracle Workerz at the Chesapeake Regional, Philadelphia Alliance Regional, and the National Championship Competition!

Go GeroniMOE!

I can’t wait to see MOE at Annapolis! Good job guys!