If you will are attending the Dallas regional there will be a team there that needs some serious help. I got a call from the Florida Regional Director Chuck Kennedy that team 3666 needed help in week 5. I took an engineering student with me and we drove to Alexander and helped them put together the robot and the start of an arm. I was only able to help them one day because there was another team in West Monroe that needed help the next day. I have the sketches that they will need to complete the arm and I’m going to loan them a Minibot. They need to:
- program for three pneumatic cylinders
- program the joy stick to rotate the arm
- install two limit switches also add to the program
- install stops to limit the travel of the arm.
- install a brake system for the arm. (they have the parts but need to be installed)
- they have a minibot deploy system but need to fabricate and install a pneumatic trigger system and add a surgical tube for the spring.
- the arm is a counter balanced system and they will have to balance the arm by installing counter weights.
- they have 5 cims on the robot and will have to remove one to be within the rules
I gave them a simple end effector that that is closed by a pneumatic cylinder. It will also need to be installed and I am working on a method for deployment. No team left behind.
If you could help them I would be grateful.
Field Supervisor Bayou Regional
Mentor Team 2221
Please PM me for details, pictures, sketches and my cell phone number