Team 4414 | HighTide | 2021 Robot: Onshore

Stoked to present our 2021 robot, hope to see you guys in person soon!

109 Likes

I think I saw a shot miss the inner goal once? What’s up with that?

Amazing.

-Mike

41 Likes

If im being honest there was a big internal debate to keep this clip in, im going to get roasted by the kids now because I was on team keep it in…

33 Likes

I knew I should have left it out.

Shooting on the fly is cool tho :grin:

21 Likes

Absolutely unreal y’all, love it!

Where’s the challenge videos though? I wanna see some numbers!

17 Likes

I do not envy those in the Chromium group. Y’all have created a monster, and I’m stoked to see more on behind the Bumpers soon.

5 Likes

Damn this is neat. Loving the new multi-roller hood! How big was the difference between the old single roller hood and the new triple roller one? I’m imagining stuff like a flatter shot trajectory and the like, but could it shoot full court? Either way, good job! 4414 continues to impress.

4 Likes

We went from 1 to 2 to 4 top rollers, longer contact time helps with consistency between different cells.

11 Likes

Are the rollers spinning the same way as the shooter or is there a direction flip?

Bot is hella sick, easily one of my favorite 2021 bots so far.

4 Likes

Damn I love this robot and video (and song choice). Are those SDS mk3 modules?

4 Likes

Yessir they are!

7 Likes

Bonkers. Well done!

3 Likes

Direction flip, or adds less spin/more velocity however you wanna think of it.

5 Likes

swurret

5 Likes

Are the surface speeds the same?

I don’t know 4414’s specifically, but I remember 1678 had their upper wheel around 30% the surface speed of their main wheel, and a lot of other teams geared pretty similarly

Another sick bot.

Can we get future games that allow for smaller robots? These things are cuuute

4 Likes

Amazing robot! Super hyped 4414 is using MK3 modules.

What is the purpose of the constant force spring on the turret? I’ve never seen that before. Is it to move the turret to one side when the robot is disabled for homing or possibly to justify all the backlash one direction for better control?

10 Likes

You make some good stuff man…

Spring keeps the backlash out, it’s really minimal but it’s enough to miss a inner port at around 25ft, angle error compounds quickly. We are running a 20dp turret gear but will definitely look to laser a sprocket or pulley profile in future years.

15 Likes

Around 1/3 the surface speed of the main wheel. We left room to swap the gear ratio and found that was a good compromise of favorable shooting rpm and enough spin to keep the balls going straight.

6 Likes