• Kangaroo coprocessor
  • AXIS IP camera

Capabilities

• Independently crosses category A, B, and D defenses
  • Fits under low bar
  • Vision assisted shooting from 50 to 190 inches
  • Shoots high or low goal
  • Climber TBA

We’re excited to see you at MAR Springtide-Chestnut Hill and MAR Westtown!

I’ve been hearing about this being on a few robots this year. What is this?
Thanks!

It’s an intel based computer (Intel Atom) not too unlike a raspberry pi except more consumer oriented and more powerful. It comes with windows 10 preinstalled but we wiped it and put debian on. Here’s a link to the website for it: http://www.kangaroo.cc

Im personally surprised on how well this processor runs for traditional Windows applcations (like windows 10) Its really cool to see on a robot! Awesome bot guys!

I feel like this is the major topic of this year but I take it those aren’t your competition bumpers? That font is probably not legal…

The only rule I saw in the manual relevant to bumper lettering was R28 which says nothing about font so long as it is easy to read and has a 1/2 inch stroke. Am I missing something?

R28 Team numbers must be displayed and positioned on the BUMPERS such that an observer walking around the perimeter of the ROBOT can unambiguously tell the Team’s number from any point of
view and meet the following additional criteria:
A. consist of numerals at least 4 in. high, at least 1⁄2 in. in stroke width, and be either white in color or outlined in white

I don’t think the backwards 4 would be legal either.

I’d be concerned about the backwards 4 because it could easily be mistaken for a 9.

We’ve had the backwards 4 every year and haven’t had to change it yet. Although, since there has been a lot of discussion this year about what is allowed on a bumper, that could change. Thanks for pointing it out, we’re so used to it we didn’t even consider that.

I think what you mean is the font makes the 4 look like 9. Backwards 4 looks like the letter P. In either case, I’ve seen this team year after year with this logo, I’d be surprised if they were told to change it. My advice: just roll with it, they look cool.