Team 639 Arcticle

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 02/28/2001 6:58 PM EST

Coach on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

If anyone’s interested, team 639 made front-page news today! It’s the first time our team has gotten much publicity, so we’re pretty happy about it.

Patrick

Posted by Andy Baker at 03/01/2001 9:39 AM EST

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Team 639 Arcticle
Posted by Patrick Dingle on 02/28/2001 6:58 PM EST:

Patrick,

Great article. Good coverage for the team. I think that more students like Patrick need to be recognized for being able to start teams at colleges. I would imagine that starting a team is more difficult that maintaining a team. Here are the students I know of who have started college teams:

Shannon Schnepp - Purdue, 461
Daniel Lehrbaum - Cal Berkeley, 483 (out in 2001) :frowning:
Anthony Lapp - Michigan Tech, 221
Anton Abaya - UMass Boston, 419
Patrick Dingle - Cornell, 639

I’m sure there are more… sorry if I missed some. Please lit more if you know of any!

Sure these people got help starting the teams, but they were the people in charge, and they deserve credit.

Andy B.

Posted by Andy Baker at 03/01/2001 9:41 AM EST

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Team 639 Arcticle
Posted by Patrick Dingle on 02/28/2001 6:58 PM EST:

Patrick,

Also,

In the article on team 639, Project Lead the Way is mentioned as an excellent cirriculum to assist a FIRST team… I agree.

Kokomo High School has started a PLTW program and it works well within the FIRST schedule. Many of our TechnoKats are PLTW students. These two programs, PLTW and FIRST compliment each other well.

I believe that the folks from team 250 started the PLTW program years ago. Here’s to team 250!

If other teams are interested in bringing in a cirriculum that compliments a FIRST team, check out:

Andy B.