Team 68's Robot

Here ya go. Take a look at what we’ve got going on. Works great!

pic_01.jpg

pic_01.jpg

Sick- looks like you guys will have another amazing bot this year… can you stack more than one crate at a time? and if not, how fast can you stack?

how close does the bin have to be for you to pick it up, and can you orient bins if they get flipped over?

I’m assuming you can’t go under the bar.

overall, really sweet bot though. tracks or wheels? its hard to tell from the pics

Nothing makes me happier than seeing robots that will compliment ours well. Great job, very impressive stack height.

*Originally posted by OneAngryDaisy *
**Sick- looks like you guys will have another amazing bot this year… can you stack more than one crate at a time? and if not, how fast can you stack? **

This robot can stack up to 3 at a time, very fast. It also can easily manipulate a box so that it can be stacked appropriatelly, (even in the air).

Looks a lot like the (slightly modified) 2001 arm on top of the 2002 drivetrain.

Adam

*Originally posted by Adam Krajewski *
**Looks a lot like the (slightly modified) 2001 arm on top of the 2002 drivetrain.

Adam **

exactally

How high is the sholder and how long is the arm?

*Originally posted by Spongebob234 *
**How high is the sholder and how long is the arm? **

everything fits into the dimentions of requirements, and the arm extends to about 15 feet

You gouys gonna transport your great bot on those mini trucks you use?
They were so cool.

*Originally posted by Koko Ed *
**You gouys gonna transport your great bot on those mini trucks you use?
They were so cool.
http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/OEP/first/regional/gallery/2002/mini-DSC00226.JPG **

yeah, weve got like 5 different truck colors, and look out. some time soon, were going to have a hummer 2 or 3 body (yes, there is a hummer 3 coming, weve all seen it here), or an escalade ext body.

*Originally posted by magnasmific *
**yeah, weve got like 5 different truck colors, and look out. some time soon, were going to have a hummer 2 or 3 body (yes, there is a hummer 3 coming, weve all seen it here), or an escalade ext body. **

Never heard of a toy hummer

he never said it was a toy…

Can you fit under the bar with that beast of an arm?

i’m not on the team, but i’m sure that thing can’t. You can’t collapse a triangle like the one supporting the arm :slight_smile:

But my teams arm can fold down and is 9 feet long. The bar isn’t our enemy. of course its theoretically our arm could lift our robot over the bar… but were aren’t going to test it :wink:

yeah, weve got like 5 different truck colors, and look out. some time soon, were going to have a hummer 2 or 3 body (yes, there is a hummer 3 coming, weve all seen it here), or an escalade ext body.

Why not do something useful with that money…

I mean, not to be rude…

This reminds me of first grade,

When you bring in a cupcake and try to eat it in class…and the teacher says “now, do you have enough for everyone?” and you say “no”…so she makes you but the cupcake away.

I mean, if you get a robot transport truck, and countless teams have to go cartless, can’t you tone it down a little bit and park the truck outside?

*Originally posted by Gadget470 *
**Why not do something useful with that money… **

The truck was free. We built it out of an old go-kart in the off season. The bodys were made by GM for the 1/10th scale productions (for auto shows and model concepts), and they simply gave us some extra bodys made of lexane. The truck was literally given to us. We had plenty of money to put in the neon lights and strobes and siren, as well as build an incredible robot. However, the bells and whistles were donated by a local fire department. And, for all of you out there who still criticize us for having a cool cart, i dont know what to tell you. It is a great way to grab attention at robotics events, as well as fund raising and community outreach programs in the off-season. THi is one of the great benefits of having our particular sponsor, General Motors Truck and Bus division.