Team 701 Presents: Heimdall

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9bLADj6lHBY/VOQ8FEvVZiI/AAAAAAAAjr8/erY_3t2hO_A/w553-h829-no/HeimdallPic.png

Here is our reveal!

Heimdall is our third and final robot for the 2015 season. We assembled it in three days after powder coating, and finished literally an hour before shooting video. I’m so impressed that the students were able to get a robot up and running in such a short time, especially since they finished a day before bag n’ tag! Glad we made our deadline.

We didn’t show everything we could do, due to time constraints, so we still have a trick or two up our sleeves. :cool:

Good luck at the competitions everyone!

Loving the bot, Frank. Can’t wait to see y’all at CVR.

Very nice robot, and slick cinematography.

Beautiful unveil and slick robot. Loving the bicycle brake disc on your winch mechanism.

Great video and one of the best robots I have seen so far.

Good Job with the Reveal Video Frank!! You continue to amaze me with what you can do with such little time. Heimdall is definitely one of the coolest looking bots we have ever built. The students worked relentlessly on these robots to perfect the design as much as they could.

Lookin great at Central Valley, guys! Nice work.

Thanks! It was a great honor playing with our allies 2102 and 1662, and just as great an honor facing 1678, 254, and 1323 at the CVR finals. We got the wildcard due to 254 pre-qualifying for Championships, so we started the season strong with an invitation to champs! I am so delighted in the effort and the drive that the students on 701 have to move upwards in playoffs and to be able to face such a powerful alliance. It’s both humbling and encouraging, and I can’t wait to see how far 701 goes in future seasons.