Team 71 Photo

Posted by Bill Beatty at 2/20/2001 3:54 PM EST

Other on team #71, Team Hammond, from Team Hammond.

Would you believe that without another robot on the playing field, scores greater than 250 can be achieved?

Posted by Becky Allen at 2/20/2001 10:05 PM EST

Other on team #356, The Enigma, from North Little Rock High School and Pulaski Academy and UALR/BEI/Controlled Automation/Hendrix College.

In Reply to: Team 71 Photo
Posted by Bill Beatty on 2/20/2001 3:54 PM EST:

I’m scared…and very very jealous. Do we get any explanation as to it’s abilities or is this just a tease??? Once again, another quality robot. I can’t wait to see it in action at the Midwest Regional.

: Would you believe that without another robot on the playing field, scores greater than 250 can be achieved?

Posted by Raul at 02/23/2001 1:10 AM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

In Reply to: Team 71 Photo
Posted by Bill Beatty on 2/20/2001 3:54 PM EST:

OK Bill,

So you are saying that you wait for one goal to fill up with small balls, pull it across the bridge, put a big ball on both goals, then push them both on the bridge and balance it while you stay on the ground and then go to the endzone in less than 105 seconds. Unless of course, you also push an empty stretcher across and then you need only one big ball. I would guess the extra big ball would be easier. Or in less than 90 seconds with only one big ball and no stretcher.

Very impressive! Can’t wait to see it in action.

Raul

: Would you believe that without another robot on the playing field, scores greater than 250 can be achieved?

Posted by Bill Beatty at 02/23/2001 10:22 AM EST

Other on team #71, Team Hammond, from Team Hammond.

In Reply to: Re: Team 71 Photo
Posted by Raul on 02/23/2001 1:10 AM EST:

Raul is right on again. We had a number of runs of 200 or higher. Best scenario is 12 from human, one big ball, both goals balanced, and in the end zone under 90 seconds which yields 256. Unfortunately, we can’t do it under 90 seconds 100% of the time.

Wildstang has done it again with a super concept way, way outside the box. We will very probably get an opportunity to run together at a regional. Looking forward to it.

Mr Bill