Team 816's 2011 Robot, Anomaly X.

In all it’s glory, I present Anomaly X. This is without a doubt, the best robot that 816 has ever fielded in it’s 10 year history.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180672_10150090069492693_601157692_6744779_2342621_n.jpg

Specs:

• Six Wheel Drive, using 6" AM Plaction Wheels and Super Shifters (~5fps and ~13fps)
  • 4-Bar Arm lifted by two Banebots RS-775 Motors
  • Pneumatically Actuated Roller Claw For Easy Floor Pickup
  • Multiple Autonomous Modes

As pictured the robot is functionally complete with the exception of our Mini-bot and it’s deployment system. Decorations and a few other small functional tweaks will be added on the Thursday of New Jersey.

Driving Practice:

Autonomous Development:

You forgot to mention the super awesome guy that helped with your roller claw design :frowning:

Amazing robot. I’d bet money it’s playing in the final match of New Jersey.

Great looking robot Team 816. It’s been amazing watching the growth of the team over the last 10 years. Congrats!

We are excited to share the field with you Dustin. With the amount of driver practice you guys do, I hav no doubt that you will be a top competitor at NJ and Philly.

Much love for a team that keeps on improving in efforts of reaching elite status.

Great looking bot Dustin. I know we’ve been talking about it most of the season but to see it showcased is even better. You guys really out did yourself this year with everything. I know that NJ and Philly will not only be challenging with your bot but hopefully fun as well.

By the way, tell Nick not to get too excited at the competition when Anomoly X scores in auto.

It looks AWESOME guys! I can’t wait to see you in action. Good luck this season. :slight_smile:

Cass

Thanks for the kind words guys. I’ll pass them on to the team.

Nick can get as excited as he wants when that robot scores in auto. For the amount of work he’s put in over this season, he’s earned the occasional “jump up and down like an idiot” moment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s really great to see a team progress like 816. Everyone may not be wearing this teams shirt in their robot videos, but they have finally built a complete robot. Simple, effective, solid design, and the scariest part, good programmers. I know for a fact I will be following this team on webcasts.

I’m guessing the scoring is automated, it looks incredibly fluid :wink:

I’ll have to tell our operator that. :smiley:

Our Scoring is not automated, with the exception of autonomous mode. The Operator has a Joystick and Three buttons to control the arm and claw functions. (Joystick - arm up or down, buttons for grab, release, and wrist down.)

Excellent bot! Now I want to see minibot action! :wink:

It looks like this year is going to be one of the toughest based on all of the great looking robots, but it makes me look forward to the actual competitions.

Good luck, and I will see you in NJ and Philly (And hopefully St. Louis)!