Team RUSH 27 - 2022 Robot Reveal

Team RUSH is happy to present our robot for the 2022 season.

We can’t wait to see teams at Week 1 FIM Kettering, Week 3 Greater Pittsburgh, Week 5 FIM Troy, MSC (when we qualify) and Houston Championship.

41 Likes

oh my word… another swerve.

13 Likes

One of us, one of us, one of us!

5 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

See you at Troy!

Video has now premiered!

Feel free to ask questions here if you have any and we’ll try our best to answer them.

6 Likes

What gear reduction are you using for your climber?

How are those plastic rollers constructed and are they all driven?

Polycarb round tube with custom 3D printed gear plugs inserts. They are all driven.

So the 3d printed inserts are also the gears?

196:1 currently, room for improvement from there.

Both black bits of this are onyx 3d prints, the hub on the left and the gear on the right.
They are epoxied into the polycarb tube.

Yes, and there are also 3d printed idler gears between each roller.

1 Like

Awesome looking robot guys!

Looking forward to competing with you in Pittsburgh!

Having been involved in the last time RUSH built a piece of furniture into a robot back in 2007 - I can’t help but say that conveyor mechanism looks like a chair.

I don’t really have a question. I just felt it important to point out the history of furniture like bots. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck all.

This robot looks incredible! I’m equal parts excited and terrified to compete against you in Greater Pittsburgh haha. Your machines are always a high caliber, I’d love to spend some time talking with a couple of your designers at Pittsburgh and get a few pointers on crafting such a well made robot.

Good luck at FiM Kettering!

Hey, I was wondering what gear ratio you guys use for your MK4 Swerve Modules?

1 Like

We use the Mk4 L2 ratio

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.