Team Souvenirs

Posted by Tom at 04/15/2001 7:53 PM EST

Student on team #25, Raider Robotix, from North Brunswick Township High School and Bristol Myers-Squib.

Now that the FIRST season is over and everyone is done collecting buttons and outher stuff. Who do you think had the best souvenirs this year?

Posted by Meg Z. at 04/15/2001 8:03 PM EST

Student on team #349, Robahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Co…

In Reply to: Team Souvenirs
Posted by Tom on 04/15/2001 7:53 PM EST:

One of the rookie teams had plastic flip-out swords, those scored high in my trading items. However, the best was team 313 with the glowing Ford necklaces!
Meg :slight_smile:
349, the RoBahamas, National Finalists!!!

Posted by Hymnson at 04/15/2001 8:20 PM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc…

In Reply to: Re: Team Souvenirs
Posted by Meg Z. on 04/15/2001 8:03 PM EST:

: One of the rookie teams had plastic flip-out swords, those scored high in my trading items. However, the best was team 313 with the glowing Ford necklaces!
: Meg :slight_smile:
: 349, the RoBahamas, National Finalists!!!

Hey what about those glow stick/bracelets I gave out? hehe it was fun, I just kinda threw them into the crowd during our matches, lol. It was LOTS of fun to do.

Posted by Tom Fennell at 04/15/2001 8:27 PM EST

Student on team #112, Gear Grinders, from Buffalo Grove High School and Motorola.

Posted by Hymnson on 04/15/2001 8:20 PM EST:

I’m still a fan of the classic Ford stickers, which I have creatively turned into a button, by way of butchering an already distroyed button…By the way, are these things just extra hood ornaments? No matter they make it in my book…

Posted by Erin at 04/16/2001 8:18 AM EST

College Student on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Posted by Hymnson on 04/15/2001 8:20 PM EST:

Hymnson-

one hit me in the head…thanks.

erin

p.s. what about the dog tags?

Posted by Hymnson at 04/16/2001 4:37 PM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc…

In Reply to: OUCH!
Posted by Erin on 04/16/2001 8:18 AM EST:

Sorry, it was crazy and we just kinda threw them into which ever part of the crowd wanted em. But it was kinda funny cuz then when I tossed glowsticks into the crowd, a bunch of other team stuff came flying down at me, lol. But its all good and fun! The dog tags were cool, especially the echted in paw on the backside, thanks!

Posted by David Kelly at 04/15/2001 8:31 PM EST

Student on team #234, Cyber Blue, from Perry Meridian High School [IUPUI] and Rolls-Royce/ NEC/ NASA KSC/ Peregrine/ Trilithic.

I love the hose clamps that Team 393 gave out. In fact, I wear it on my finger everyday. I’m obsessed!!
Thanks Full Metal Jackets!

David Kelly
Student Captain/ Webmaster/ Driver
CB Team 234

Posted by Robby at 04/15/2001 8:59 PM EST

Other on team #108, The SigmaC@Ts, from AIFL and Motorola.

>Who do you think had the best souvenirs this year?

Man, those 3dsMAX/Inventor buttons that were given away at the animation presentations were pretty slick… B^P… heh, just boosting my morale. I’ll put those up in the gallery now. I would have to go with simple but sweet - the 100% dork pins were rockin. I wear mine every day. Thanks kate!

-Robby O
FIRSTanimators Moderator

Posted by Brandon Martus at 04/15/2001 9:02 PM EST

Webmaster on team #47, ChiefDelphi, from PCHS and Delphi Automotive Systems.

My dad returned from Flordia with a bag of stuff for me which included a pair of Moe’s Socks, a TJ^2 shirt, bandana…buttons…etc.

MOE: Thanks so much. You rock.

: Now that the FIRST season is over and everyone is done collecting buttons and outher stuff. Who do you think had the best souvenirs this year?

Posted by Andrew Rudolph at 04/15/2001 10:06 PM EST

Student on team #168, Charger-Lightning Robotics, from North Miami Beach/Michael Krop Senior High School and NASA Kennedy Space Center/Cordis/HPE Automation.

Wow i feel like i missed alot, i got nothing… not even one of our team pins, i just gave them all out inbetween matches and fixing the robot. and if i did gt a pin id give it to a kid from our team who wore 23 lbs. of buttons! and none were doubles!

Posted by Tim Baird at 04/15/2001 10:35 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

I would have to say that the packet of stickers given to me by Fred Hord (president of HPE Automation) is the best souvenir I got down there.

Tim Baird

PS-If anybody thinks that I should stop bragging, just let me know. It’s the only thing cool that I have to account for.

: Now that the FIRST season is over and everyone is done collecting buttons and outher stuff. Who do you think had the best souvenirs this year?

Posted by Tim Baird at 04/15/2001 10:40 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

Posted by Tim Baird on 04/15/2001 10:35 PM EST:

Here’s the pic if anybody wants to know what I’m referring to. It didn’t appear in the first post because I screwed up, sorry.

Tim

: I would have to say that the packet of stickers given to me by Fred Hord (president of HPE Automation) is the best souvenir I got down there.

: Tim Baird

: PS-If anybody thinks that I should stop bragging, just let me know. It’s the only thing cool that I have to account for.

: : Now that the FIRST season is over and everyone is done collecting buttons and outher stuff. Who do you think had the best souvenirs this year?

Posted by colleen - T190 at 04/15/2001 10:46 PM EST

In Reply to: The pic is here!
Posted by Tim Baird on 04/15/2001 10:40 PM EST:

He’s the poster boy!!

Who’s need anything more!? Besides Whatnot… but Timmy takes care of her so it’s all the same!

Posted by Tim Baird at 04/15/2001 11:23 PM EST

In Reply to: Who needs souvenirs when you have Timmy!
Posted by colleen - T190 on 04/15/2001 10:46 PM EST:

You’re too kind colleen. Besides, it’s no big deal to be on the side of the pneumatics box or anything. (right now I’m breathing on my finger nails and rubbing them against my shirt) That’s a common day occurance in the life of Tim Baird.

: He’s the poster boy!!

: Who’s need anything more!? Besides Whatnot… but Timmy takes care of her so it’s all the same!

Posted by Kyle Fenton at 04/15/2001 11:13 PM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and NUWC.

: Now that the FIRST season is over and everyone
is done collecting buttons and outher stuff. Who
do you think had the best souvenirs this year?

I remeber someone gave out Red Duct Tape to
every team with their Logo. Sorry I didn’t look at the
team #. But that was really a cool Idea.

I also liked Team 1’s little Keychain viewfinder
thingie. Team 47’s arm band. My team’s gummy
sharks. And J&J Team’s Medical Bandages.

Posted by Erin at 04/16/2001 8:16 AM EST

College Student on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Posted by Kyle Fenton on 04/15/2001 11:13 PM EST:

viewfinders are old skool.

you should have been there in 99 for (team 1’s) yo-yo’s. very high quality, way too much time to make on spring break (how many did we make, i think 5000?)

Erin

Posted by Geli Donut at 04/16/2001 9:55 AM EST

Student on team #141, WO-Bot, from West Ottawa High School and Johnson Controls Inc…

Posted by Kyle Fenton on 04/15/2001 11:13 PM EST:

Thanks for noticing. We try to have fun with our hand outs, and what’s more fun than red duct tape. Thanks for noticing us.

Posted by Joe Ross at 04/16/2001 1:25 AM EST

College Student on team #330, Beach Bot, from Hope Chapel Academy and NASA/JPL , J&F Machine, and Raytheon.

I didn’t have a lot of time to do collecting as I was always running here and there and pulling my hair out.

The things I came with were a Ford Pin that I got from team 60, a SPAM button, and a Bobcat pen.

I liked team 66’s penguins best, even though mine got lost somewhere on the trip back. :frowning:

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 04/16/2001 12:35 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

Bonnie Eagle Robotics Team and their metal gear thingys they gave out in 2000 at NJ were the most addictive souvenirs! I still have mine on my purse that I cart around everywhere, and the members that visited NJ with us that got them still wear them too!

This year, though…the coolest thing a team gave out was the clip that 501 gave out at UTC (that has my keys on it now)…and the coolest thing I got at Nats was a thing of “scientific terms” magnetic poetry that the Discovery Channel crews gave out.

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Angela “Fish” Hall at 04/18/2001 8:09 AM EST

Student on team #180, SPAM Robotics, from Martin County High School and UTC/Pratt&Whitney .

I have to give a vote for my team. We didn’t give out anything but buttons, but we have the red SPAM capes. We’re thinking about putting them on Ebay after one of the FIRST judges gave us the idea at KSC Regionals. Would any of you actually bid on them? I probably wouldn’t, but maybe that’s b/c I’m on the team. Oh well. Let me know.