Team Titanium 1986 Reveal

amazing robot. probably one of the best ive seen yet :yikes:

Well done! The basic layout looks quite similar to another 19XX robot I’m quite familiar with.

The repeatability on your shooter looks to be excellent. Do you think that is because your design has solved the problem, or were you using a new/consistent ball set for the video (or some of both)?

Great all-around machine!

So…where abouts did Quadzilla go on to this beast?

This was all shot during practice with a mixture of worn balls. We are pleased with the shooter’s repeatability, which seems to be inherent in the design and our method of speed control.

Dang that’s awesome. Maybe we’ll get a chance to play together again in St Louis. Nice work guys, especially that shooter!

Looks like a quality build. Very compact. Definitely a serious contender.

Looks good guys! Hope to be allied with you at GKC

He powers the shooting flywheel.

You guys have been set up for the “tip bridge, get balls” hybrid mode since the beginning. I’d love to see this in competition.

Hey that’s a good idea.

Nice ability to load off the bridge. Impressive.

Would you mind talking about your method of speed control?

Swell looking bot Team Titanium! Wish ours was as well as it was last years and comparable to yours this year but alas, it is not. None the less, good luck at the KC regional!

Nice job as usual 1986. We look forward to seeing you at the Kansas City Regional as always.

Perhaps after we verify its effectiveness in our week 1 compeition we will be able to share more details. Would hate to give anyone bad (untested) advice, especially since the proof is only days away.

From what I can tell from today’s practice matches everything is working within tolerable perameters. So in an effort to help others be competative we will share our stupidly simple method of controlling the shooter wheel speed without using an encoder or PID. Feel free to let us know if it is helpful to anyone.

Motor Output to Jags on shooting wheel was set to (Constant x Shot Distance)/(Battery Voltage)].

In this manner as the battery voltage drops during the match (or fluctuates with other robot demands on power) we still end up putting the same voltage (if available) to the shooting wheel motors and achieve a predictable speed. If the desired voltage is not available an indicator light alerts the co-pilot.

The constant was determined by graphing the value needed to make shots at various distances and using the equation for the best fit line. In this manner the constant became a function of distance as well.

We are prepared to implement an encoder with PID, but this method is working really well. They great thing is almost any team who is struggling with shot consistancy over the course of a match can add this idea into their code without having to add any hardware.

Thanks Alpha! We may end up using this on our shooter at SVR. Loved the consistency of 1986 today! Great job! I can see you guys winnign KC for sure!