Team Titanium 1986 Robot Reveal for 2016 Stronghold

This intake/catapult/defense arm configuration is my favorite design approach this year, and you guys completely nailed reducing it to the simplest components to do the job well. You seem to do it for every game… fantastic design again!

Wow, that auton is spectacular. This robot is beautiful. I love the versatility of your autonomous mode, and the way your mechanisms passively handle most of the defenses, as well as the smoothness with which you drive over even the roughest defenses.

Does your autonomous cheval-de-frise crossing actively detect when you have approached the defense, or do you just drive a set distance and hope it’s right?

Fantastic job, I’m looking forward to seeing this great robot play (even if I only get to watch it on webcasts from college).

The CDF edge is detected by a sensor on the tip of the manipulator. The crossing is automated, even in teleop.

I thought it looked that way, but I wasn’t sure. That’s an awesome system!

How are you getting multiple release angles out of the catapult? Is it done using only the solenoids?

No. The catapult is driven by two stacked pairs of cylinders. In the close range shot, only one pair is used, in the long range shot, both pairs fire simultaneously. The two shot ranges overlap, so our resulting range is full.

Love the use of 4 tape measures! Are they the fat max kind?

Surprisingly, no. We found some even more rigid.

…100% taking a close look at this robot when it comes to Greater KC. 25 different auto modes? What madness is this?

We realized later it was 27, but that would sound far fetched. :smiley:

which were?

Did you guys use the Milwaukee Tape Measures? Those are what we use

For the uptake did you guys just attach it to the drive train and then basically use a shifter that uses one for driving then the other for lifting the robot.

Very rigid. :smiley:

Not Milwaukee, but those were good too.
Yes the lift is powered by a PTO from the drive transmissions.

Google Photos

Where did you guys find those awesome green wheels?! Can’t wait to see it in person at champs! Amazing job guys!

Looks like it. From the video it seems like there are two tape measures on each side.

Most Mountain Board shops sell them. We are finding that they can wear quickly though with aggressive driving.

If only we could have all the boulders to ourselves like we do in practice. :smiley:

Wow that was unreal. Absolutely amazing well done. Another great robot from you guys. Can’t wait too see what you guys do at champs, Good luck!