Team Update #12 (twelve)

http://www2.usfirst.org/2003comp/tmup12.pdf

I like the part that says

…please protect the poor light. It had a long boat trip from Taiwan.

They finally make up their minds… I guess we are allowed to mount the light inside the robot now (providing it’s clear polycarb).

First they demand exposure, then they want us to protect the damned thing. You obviously can’t have both… so the 2nd more advantageous, go with that one, it lets you go under the bar.

*Originally posted by Jnadke *
**… Worse than a woman… **

Watch it. :mad:

I don’t know … because it makes that reference to the questions that have been answered on the message boards so … are we just supposed to go off of what was in the team update, or follow what is on the message boards? I just don’t know.

• Katie

the light issue is cleared thankfully.

QUITE VISIBLE.

NOT EXPOSED.

finally… a ruling.

*jeremy

heh I find that rather humerous, thats the first tid bit of humor they’ve had in their updates that i’ve seen =)

I like that dark humor. :slight_smile:

A newer, funnier, darker, FIRST.

*Originally posted by Anarkissed *
**heh I find that rather humerous, thats the first tid bit of humor they’ve had in their updates that i’ve seen =) **

That and the gerbil rule … :wink:

• Katie

raises an eyebrow gerbil rule? enlighten me!

The update on the FIRST site seems to be down right now. Does anyone have a mirror?

my favorite bit of humor was a post asking if “we could modify our air” The response: no, you may not modify your air, you may only use the air provided in the kit.

Cory

my favorite bit of humor was a post asking if “we could modify our air” The response: no, you may not modify your air, you may only use the air provided in the kit.

Lol I am sure that guy was not even looking at that post. He was probably on automatic robot mode.

It is great when “official” people are humorous
This is a competition based around teenagers, we LOVE sarcasm and tidbits of humor!!! If people on my team didn’t make constant homorous remarks, I’m not sure how long many of us would have stayed!

I wonder if the same would work if we put a sign on our robot

“please protect our poor robot, It had a long road trip from New York”
:stuck_out_tongue:

We were wondering today about where exactly we were going to be putting our light. For the past two years we have had AutoCad Plans for the bot down the the closest thousandth of an inch (and this year we milled it all so it is actually that exact) but we NEVER include the light in our designs!

Figure T-1 deleted to save space

What deleted???AHHHHHH NOOOO THE SORROW!!WOULD SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!..

The Victor 883 speed controllers from previous years are NOT allowed this year

I am the person on the team who reads the rules and such, and I definetly did NOT see this one coming! We were planning on not having to buy more PWM’s cause we had extras from past years, so this raises a $110(per pwm) problem. I don’t understand why they would make us use PWM’s with 40amp breakers if the ones on the circuit board are only going to be 30’s. (except for the drive motor ones of course)

Atleast this update was worth printing the first page of…

I LOVE TEAM UPDATES!! I CHECK FOR THEM EVERY DAY A FEW TIMES A DAY… . cause i have no life … hehe…I love first!

*Originally posted by Chubtoad *
I am the person on the team who reads the rules and such, and I definetly did NOT see this one coming! We were planning on not having to buy more PWM’s cause we had extras from past years, so this raises a $110(per pwm) problem. I don’t understand why they would make us use PWM’s with 40amp breakers if the ones on the circuit board are only going to be 30’s. (except for the drive motor ones of course)

Atleast this update was worth printing the first page of…

I LOVE TEAM UPDATES!! I CHECK FOR THEM EVERY DAY A FEW TIMES A DAY… . cause i have no life … hehe…I love first! **

You’ve been slacking on your watching :stuck_out_tongue: cause that was first said I believe in update #2 or 3…so don’t yell at FIRST too much :yikes:

*Originally posted by Cory *
**my favorite bit of humor was a post asking if “we could modify our air” The response: no, you may not modify your air, you may only use the air provided in the kit.

Cory **

My favorite FIRST comment was here… http://jive.ilearning.com/thread.jsp?forum=3&thread=1535&message=3900&q=736f63636572#3900

“The rotating lights have been “soccer” tested by FIRST and have passed. 54 passes, 3 goals, no breakage. There will be extra lights and beacons at the competitions”

:smiley:

*Originally posted by Anarkissed *
**raises an eyebrow gerbil rule? enlighten me! **

It’s on the flowchart that determines whether or not you can put a part on your robot. Gerbils are listed under power sources.