Team Update 18 Posted

Team Update 18 is posted. https://firstfrc.blob.core.windows.net/frc2019/Manual/TeamUpdates/TeamUpdate18.pdf

10 Likes

Kudos to FIRST. Thanks for being responsive and striving to create a good team experience.

15 Likes

The important stuff:

30 Likes

So they added clarification on defensive strategies?

It sure is.

1 Like

Hallelujah.

6 Likes
35 Likes

Well done, FIRST, in fixing a glitch in the rules in such a way that offensive and defensive robots still can play the game, but without incurring unintended penalties!

7 Likes

This is a great change for the poor refs that had to call G9/10 fouls.

4 Likes

I wonder how this shakes up week 4

:+1: This wording makes it easy to call.

2 Likes

What are we gonna do about all the G9/G10/C8 threads?

Can we like… recycle them? convert them into mentor vs student built?

54 Likes

Where was this update in week 2?!?!

Ugh.

5 Likes

A little more work on the def strategy, but still doable.

Push their offensive bot to your side, then get a second bot to push their defender back to their side. Now hold their offensive robot on your side like before.

2 Likes

Kudos to FIRST for fixing this.

1 Like

Great update!

5 Likes

This was almost exactly what I had suggested as a good fix for these rules. I can’t remember if I covered this on Region Recap last night or not, but I was talking with a few people about this a few days ago.

2 Likes

This is the best update released so far.

In the case of great defense, I wonder if a hastry retreat around the other side of the cargo ship will be considered a “dedicated effort to cross back over the cargo ship line”?

I’m pretty sure this rule change says that all robots should be entirely built by robots and students should just be spectators. Or am I reading too much into this? :thinking:

9 Likes