Team Update 5

It’s a spicy one.

14 Likes

Actually insane, worse than the G4 botching
Window motor drivetrains will prevail!

4 Likes

You can’t have an update like this during the build season!

6 Likes

Great, now we have to completely redo a design that several hundred student and mentor hours have already been put into.

2 Likes

I don’t even know how to inspect that.

13 Likes

gosh darn it. scared me

1 Like

Unfortunately my internal pessimist just thinks they are saving it up to the end of build season. And yes I am less that thrilled about the G4 flips and flops while many/most/all (?) teams were trying to finalize mechanism prototypes and commit to a design. The current version is not bad, but after all these years I don’t think that nailing the game piece interaction rules out of the gate is a unrealistically high expectation.

What are we expected to argue over for 50 comments now??

5 Likes

Let me disappear for a while and study this one in depth… LOL

3 Likes

This has been the worst rule update in the history of rule updates, maybe ever

7 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

What exactly is the problem with G4? It looks pretty clear to me. I guess the issue is with the “extended” and “repeated” ruling?

Horrible I say, Horrible!!!

1 Like

Favorite new Discourse feature: you can now see how many people you rick roll.

14 Likes

That does it. We’re completely scrapping our first idea and redoing our whole robot.

2 Likes

Well, there goes our drivetrain… looks like we’ll have to go swerve instead

3 Likes

We are throwing in the towel. No point in building a robot to compete with those rules. Absolutely ridiculous, ill see you all in 2020.

2 Likes

What about the all throttle motor drivetrain that Marshall was considering a few weeks ago? Would that still be viable?

And I was just saying yesterday that I was not aware that the GDC had a sense of humor. They are totally making me eat that Baguette and leg of mutton.

:rofl:

3 Likes

My mom taught me that if you can’t say somehting nice don’t say anything at all. Those folks in NH need some manners!

**Wait: Is this a clue for next season’s game?

1 Like