Teams and matches

Posted by David Kelso.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #131, C.H.A.O.S.-, from Central High School and OSRAM SYLVANIA/ Fleet Bank.

Posted on 3/12/2000 7:42 PM MST

Could someone fill us in for the number of teams at each regional this past weekend and the number of matches that you played? Thanks

Posted by Jason Rudolph.

Student on team #168, The Flashbacks, from North Miami Beach Senior High and Velda Farms/FedEx/ETC/HPE Automation.

Posted on 3/12/2000 8:06 PM MST

In Reply to: Teams and matches posted by David Kelso on 3/12/2000 7:42 PM MST:

: Could someone fill us in for the number of teams at each regional this past weekend and the number of matches that you played? Thanks

At the KSC regional, there were 29 teams. Each team got about 12 matches for qualifying if I remember correctly. Hope this helps,

Jason

Posted by Nate Smith.

Other on team #66, GM Powertrain/Willow Run HS, from Eastern Michigan University and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 3/12/2000 8:30 PM MST

In Reply to: Teams and matches posted by David Kelso on 3/12/2000 7:42 PM MST:

: Could someone fill us in for the number of teams at each regional this past weekend and the number of matches that you played? Thanks

7 per team in Great Lakes, with 67 teams

Posted by Adam Krajewski.

Student on team #68, Truck Town Terror, from Walled Lake Central High School and General Motors Truck Group.

Posted on 3/12/2000 9:26 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Teams and matches posted by Nate Smith on 3/12/2000 8:30 PM MST:

: : Could someone fill us in for the number of teams at each regional this past weekend and the number of matches that you played? Thanks

: 7 per team in Great Lakes, with 67 teams

We were at the GLR, and with that many teams, we got a lot of qualifying matches! The matches go much quicker then last year even with only one playing field (but the ability to set up while a match is going on). I like it, but fixing a battle damaged machine is hard to do in such little time. I’d like to know how many qualifying matches will be played at nationals…

Posted by Nate Smith.

Other on team #66, GM Powertrain/Willow Run HS, from Eastern Michigan University and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 3/13/2000 10:08 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Teams and matches posted by Adam Krajewski on 3/12/2000 9:26 PM MST:

: : : Could someone fill us in for the number of teams at each regional this past weekend and the number of matches that you played? Thanks

: : 7 per team in Great Lakes, with 67 teams

: We were at the GLR, and with that many teams, we got a lot of qualifying matches! The matches go much quicker then last year even with only one playing field (but the ability to set up while a match is going on). I like it, but fixing a battle damaged machine is hard to do in such little time. I’d like to know how many qualifying matches will be played at nationals…

Here’s what i figured out…
at great lakes - 118 rounds = 7 rounds per team

at nationals:
4 stages * 118 rounds = 472 rounds
472 rounds * 4 teams per round = 1888 playing ‘slots’
1888 slots / 259 teams = 7.28 rounds per team

and that’s if they don’t make the days longer than they did at great lakes…

Nate