This one isn’t necessarily for engineers, but a LOT of FRC-related skills go into this work. If you’re an engineer that would rather be working with your hands, this position could be right up your alley.
Contour Crafting Corporation (http://contourcrafting.com/) is a startup located in El Segundo, California. We specialize in robotic concrete construction and we are seeking a technician with good fabrication skills. The responsibilities include part fabrication, operation of related machinery, laboratory and field testing of concrete and other related activities. The position entails working in a high-tech and creative working environment. Domestic and international travels may be required.
- Have fabrication skills including cutting, drilling, and grinding metals
- Have mechanical skills (to understand, assemble, repair, maintain, etc.)
- Be able to build prototypes and work effectively within new product development processes
- Have basic knowledge of electronics/wiring and mechatronics (motors, pumps, etc.)
- Be self-motivated and have versatility and flexibility in performing various related tasks
- Have the ability to communicate with colleagues and clients
- Ability to read CAD drawings
- Work well as a team member and individually
- Ability to provide useful feedback and ideas about fabrication methods and procedures
- Have a high school diploma
- Understand and conform to relevant safety standards
- Have ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Have the ability to pass drug test
- Have US citizenship or permanent residency
- Experience in concrete construction
- Work experience in concrete laboratory
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Experience in the field of automation
Apply by sending a resume to hr (at) contourcrafting (dot) com.
If you have questions, I may be able to answer some of them.