A handful of years ago, Texas organized a state championship under their state sports body, UIL (and then moved to the district format shortly after). As part of UIL recognizing FRC (and robotics in general) as a sport, it made it applicable to state laws covering maximum practice/rehearsal time in extracurricular activities.
It’s important to note that this 8 hour limit per week only applies to students and is defined from Monday to the close of school on Friday. Hours spent on Friday afternoon thru Sunday are not limited.
I’m curious how these time limitations have impacted Texas teams, and what strategies Texas teams have employed to best utilize their time under these limitations.
- My team complies with the time limits
- My team is unaware of the time limits
- My team knowingly violates the time limits
- My team uses extended meeting hours on the weekend (including Friday)
- My team splits weekday meetings among sub-teams
- My team utilizes remote work
- My team ONLY meets during weekdays for less than <8 hrs per week
- My team does not comply with the time limitations
- Other (explain in thread)