THANK YOU and Happy New Year to Brandon Martus!

Where would we be without the talent and hard work of Brandon Martus, who has busted his butt to create and maintain CD over the years (decades!), plus what must have been a long and tough slog to plan out and upgrade CD to Discourse. Thank you Brandon!!

Ken

49 Likes

:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:
Thanks Brandon!

2 Likes

Some of it will take getting used to, but I like a number of the changes. Particularly, it looks as though the moderator corps has been trimmed down, and you can now see who moderators are when they post (look at the shield next to Ken). Very cool!

3 Likes

Thanks Brandon, very cool!

2 Likes

Definitely. Brandon clearly spent a long time working on this through thick and thin, and though it’ll take some getting used to, this definitely is a good change for the future.

So thank you Brandon!

3 Likes

Thanks Brandon! We appreciate your hard work.

1 Like

Great Job Brandon!!

1 Like

Protecting us from the evils of gifs!

1 Like

I agree! Thanks, Brandon! I’m glad this is my first post on the new chiefdelphi.

Andy B.

3 Likes

After 16 years, this is still a great place I enjoy visiting every day. I like how well it works on my phone now. I’ve watched a lot of upgrades to this site over the past decade and a half. We are all so lucky to have Brandon keeping it alive for us!

2 Likes

Yes, thank you Brandon! We all owe you a craft beer, or at least a CD hug.

2 Likes

Nice work, thanks a bunch!

1 Like

I was curious last night so I looked it up, and the domain name “www.chiefdelphi.com” was registered in June of 1998 - which means this website is over 2 decades old. Nice work @Brandon_Martus!

6 Likes

Thanks Brandon! Glad you’re still the man behind the curtain after all these years! New site looks great.

1 Like

We’re converting several sites to our new platform at work so I totally understand how huge of an undertaking it can be. When I heard CD’s conversion was taking place a week before kickoff, I was worried we’d had to deal with a plethora of bugs, missing or broken features to start the FRC season. Instead, just about all the features and data of the old CD have made it to the new one without any major issues. Thanks, Brandon!

1 Like

As someone who doesn’t use CD all that often, I can appreciate the hard work you’ve put into this site. I love every bit of it and thank you so much for your continued commitment to the FRC community, we love you <3

1 Like

Thank you Ken