Thank Your Sponsors!

Hey, I just wanted to point out that I don’t see much thanking of the sponsors on CD. Maybe it’s there and I just don’t see it but I’ve been thinking about starting a thread like this for a while now.

Do you have a sponsor(s) that deserves immense recognition for their contributions to your team? Well, let’s hear it then. That’s why many sponsors sponsor teams, so that they can get recognition for making the world a better place. I wanna know, what does your sponsor(s) do that make them so unique, what they actually do or make, and where they are located.

I’ll start off:

Ken-Tronics Inc has been a sponsor for QC Elite since the beginning in 1998 as 309. Although they don’t give us money, they do allow us to use their machinery, have given us workspace in the shop, and even have an area on their website dedicated to this team. Dick Hoexter, the owner of Ken-Tronics is extremely dedicated to this team. He tells everyone he knows about the team and he even took the liberty to take this year’s robot up to Rockridge High School and give a demonstration to the students there even though there is no support from that school. Ken-tronics Inc is a small business that offers the design and manufacturing of tooling, robotic, and special machinery for domestic and international use. K-T just finished a robotic welder that welds the motor mounts for DaimlerChrysler vehicles. I really love working there, it’s a family atmosphere where as an employee you can come and go as you please and work whatever hours you want to as long as you get your work done.

Another of our sponsors is SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers). They invite us every year to attend their small tool show and give us space to run and show off our robot to the area business’ that may someday hire the young students that come out of this program. SME is a group for manufacturing engineers that allows its members to get to know each other and what the companies are doing. I don’t really know as much as I should about this sponsor but I do know that I am thankful that they sponsor our team.

My last sponsor thank you is to Victory Enterprises. Their main contribution now is providing webspace for our website. They were also our home in the 2003 and 2004 seasons. Victory Enterprises is a screenprint company that specializes in political signs and give-aways.

Again people, it is important to thank your sponsors for what they do. Now I want to hear what yours do for you.

this should probably go in the thanks-congrats thread…
good thread, wrong place