Thanks 968 and 294 and last match LA

Thanks to 968 for picking us for finals even though we had poor performance earlier in the day. Also, we couldn’t have done it without those wheels you gave us. Also thanks for helping make our battery stay in.

Thanks to 294 for putting up a strong fight. I honesly don’t think anyone else could have done any better in our alliance. Your robot held up very well and you did not let us down.

And for the last match at LA:
Anyone who saw it can assure you that it was the best match of the year hands down. The refs spent 20 minutes debating over the score. Seriously. There were like 50 people around the field and admin table. Kingman couldn’t get their feet up, we lost power and got it back to push our opponent off the ramp in the last 1.5 seconds, and our partners wheel was barely touching a part of the ramp that had been bent up! It was so exciting. You really had to see it. I cannot describe this match in words.

*Originally posted by sanddrag *
**Anyone who saw it can assure you that it was the best match of the year hands down. The refs spent 20 minutes debating over the score. Seriously. There were like 50 people around the field and admin table. Kingman couldn’t get their feet up, we lost power and got it back to push our opponent off the ramp in the last 1.5 seconds, and our partners wheel was barely touching a part of the ramp that had been bent up! It was so exciting. You really had to see it. I cannot describe this match in words. **

BTW, our press photographer took multitudes of pictures of that suspense, closeup pics of the robots on the field waiting for decisions. He said something like, “So people will KNOW what happened!” Our match helped seal the excitement that “subcontractor” couple of press people were introduced to yesterday (they take pics and do a story to submit to a variety of papers). They’ll be sharing all their pics with us, and us with you. I’m sure they’ll be spending next year’s Saturday afternoon with our regional again.

thread

I’ll always remember Dave Lavery studying the whole situation too!

Picture of that match

I swear, it was like a dejavu of the end of the Chatsworth competition, even the touching part.

*Originally posted by DanielBCR *
**I swear, it was like a dejavu of the end of the Chatsworth competition, even the touching part. **

I was thinking the same exact thing when I was up in the stands. Sean, Angela, and I had to make that tough call at Chatsworth so I empathize with the refs at LA. Also the same thing happened to us in the quarterfinal round where our partner’s robot was touching the ramp but less than an inch and had it counted we would have moved on. Tis ok though, we all had a great time and way to go teams for all those intense matches!

As for that not so “controversial” match in LA.

Here are some good pics to show the ramp in its un-seated position.

From what i can tell, team 60 had a good grab on that mesh and pulled it upward somehow, possibly from all the robots smashing into it.

Now that i look at it i am not sure if they tried to raise those arms or not, it doesnt look like they could have. It looks stuck.

You can also see that 294’s robot is touching, and would not be if they ramp was fully seated.

Great match guys!!

BTW. click on the image for a full size (huge) picture.

http://camo.flage.net/albums/albux06/robots.sized.jpg](http://camo.flage.net/albums/albux06/robots.jpg)

http://camo.flage.net/albums/albux06/Robots_On_Ramp_copy.sized.jpg](http://camo.flage.net/albums/albux06/Robots_On_Ramp_copy.jpg)

That match at LA was both wonderful and terrible at the same time. you’re right, you would have had to be there to get the full affect. I almost died from the suspense.
(my team was sitting right behind Kingman too…oh the agony!)
But our alliance’s robots put up a stupendous fight.< i guess those long … late… hours at our practice field did a robot good huh … 696?:wink: Even though your robot tried to eat me one night :yikes:> we had a lot of fun. I hope you all do as well if not better next year!! :stuck_out_tongue: