Thanks CRT and Woburn!

Thanks Team CRT and Woburn Robotics for picking us as their alliance partner at the Canadian Regional. Sorry about our gearbox, guys. If those bevel gears survived, we’d win!

You are awesome, guys. Thanks for having trust in our newbie team :slight_smile:

lol. I wouldnt realise you were a newbie team with your auton mode

It was working so well in the practice rounds and qual matches on friday!!

Thanks to 1075 and 306 (CRT) for an awesome alliance as well

1075: It’s tough luck that we couldn’t go all the way, but that’s how it works in a game like this. We didn’t really have a working autonomous mode, and you guys were truly impressive in that department. Don’t be disappointed with our placement; we certainly aren’t. As a team, you guys are quite impressive, and being a rookie team, that makes it even more impressive.

306: CRT was great, reliable, and willing to listen and plan with the rest of us. You headed a great alliance and had a solid robot. Thanks for picking us, thanks for the berets, and thanks for helping us get as far as we did!

None of us should feel guilty or angry. We all had failures in some fashion. For example, I remember in the last match, a rookie team (West Hill C.I. SWATT) overpowered our six-motor drive system, with their low-gear machine, knocking us into our own stack of five that I personally put there less than a minute before (props to the human players in our alliance by the way). It’s all good, as we say.

I wouldnt realise you were a newbie team with your auton mode

Thanks. I coded it :slight_smile: It was actually quite easy, because we have a steerable drive unit in the front, not tank-style. The code is kinda ugly though :wink:

It was working so well in the practice rounds and qual matches on friday!!

Yep. And the gears just had to die in the quater-finals… Murphy’s law :slight_smile:

As for our placement, we are not disappointed at all. On the contary, I think this is about as good as it could have been for us. This was our first competition event, and we had absolutely no experience, and had no idea the game would be this “violent” :).

lol violent… this was my first experience in a regional too… though obviously not the team’s :smiley:

still… great job on that auto mode = )