Thanks for a GREAT time at Battlecry4

Thanks to EVERYONE who came to Battlecry4@WPI, it was [as always] one of the most fun events all year!!
Special Thanks to our alliance partners 157 and 61 who kicked booty and had fun with us, especially with our rookie drive team!!
who says you can’t go far with rookies? got us to semi’s!!!
GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!

We are glad you enjoyed BattleCry. It isn’t easy to get all together and I only had to worry about getting the video together. Everyone there spends a lot of time getting everything just right. Also please fill out the surveys because we really do try to change things for the better.

Hope to see you again next year!

congradulation’s to 166, 69, 1100 for your big win. prop’s go out to wpi for putting on the best off season comp for 2003, you leave big shoes to fill if anyone is going to do better. it was nice to see all the big team’s in attendance again.

i was glad to see you found experienced/profesional ref’s. once again great comp thank’s guys.

The refs were great, the expierence was once again great, the atmosphere of the competition was great. And as Lisa said before thanks to 157 for choosing us and 61 for just being great allies in the finals. And also for putting up with our rookie drive team of which I was the Human Player.

Hey the comp was fun and it was great running with all the bigger teams. Even though we had some robot troubles we still had a good time. One thing for next year though: To the teams a little less booooing on the ref’s calls please my team and a few other teams didnt appreciate that display.

*Originally posted by Dave_222 *
**One thing for next year though: To the teams a little less booooing on the ref’s calls please my team and a few other teams didnt appreciate that display. **

Whether it is a referee’s calls, a team’s play, or a student’s action, no ‘booing’ should ever happen at a FIRST event. If you like the challenge of FIRST but appear to also like humiliating and degrading someone else, try going here for your robot satisfaction. Nobody appreciates their hard work being shoved back in their face.

I hope that you still managed to have a good time at BattleCry. It sounds like it was an excellent event to attend.

BattleCry IV was a great time. Thanks need to go out to the judges, announcers referees and the rest of the staff there. The refs had a very hard time adjusting to the rules that where set in place for BattleCry but I thought they did a great job. The rest of the staff and 190 did a great job with the set up keeping the whole event running on time and a wonderful job with the AV work. They had 4 cameras set up and after each match they would play instant replays of the match or interviews that where done in the crowd to help fill the time.

Next I would like to thanks 1099 and 176 for an amazing run. Who would have thought we would be runners up. 176 was just amazing holding off the top of the ramp match after match and running every single match (13 total). They just never broke or had any problem, what a quality robot. Plus it was just a joy to be working with both teams.

Last I would like to thank all the people that came out or over to our team :wink: to help us out this weekend.

I had a great time and I know our team will be willing to make the long travel to attend BattleCry V next year.

*Originally posted by nickma *
They had 4 cameras set up and after each match they would play instant replays of the match or interviews that where done in the crowd to help fill the time.

Actually we had 3 cameras set up and one camera was used when I interviewed everybody. Just out of curiosity what did you guys think of the interviews and the replays? I think there should be a special thanks to all the people (I think 8 to 10 in total) who did the video throughout the day. They all volunteered their time and equipment to get it done and done right. Hopefully next year we will have a webcast.

*Originally posted by dk5sm5luigi *
**Actually we had 3 cameras set up and one camera was used when I interviewed everybody. Just out of curiosity what did you guys think of the interviews and the replays? **

I thought the interviews were great!
It was an excellent way to fill the “down time” common to FIRST competitions. Hopefully FIRST will take a cue from WPI and we’ll see this in the 2004 season.

Is there anyway I can obtain a tape of this event, that includes the interviews/replays and such?

Way to go 190, great competition!

Thanks,
John

Yes and I was shocked to see Andy Baker being interviewed. But I didn’t actually see him.

*Originally posted by JVN *
**Is there anyway I can obtain a tape of this event, that includes the interviews/replays and such?

We do have a copy of the entire event (3 VHS tapes) and we did not capture any of the overlays because we felt it would be better for video editing. Give us a week or two and ask us again, right now we need a little down time.

Also please fill out the surveys because we really do try to change things for the better.

I didn’t see the surveys but have a few <minor> sugestions… who can I contact?

The red surveys during the day where to find out general info about teams and such and were all participants to fill out.

There are surveys more pertinant to the running of the game and the overall aspects of the event itself that will be posted online. Teams should discuss any issues they want mentioned with their team leader/contact for the event who can fill it out and submit it to the Battlecry staff. Those teams who fill out this form reserve their spot for next year’s Battlecry 5 by doing so.

We really appreciate all the feedback, both good and bad, that teams can offer so we can work to make sure everyone has an overall great time at the event regardless of what calls are made.

www.wpi.edu/+battlecry - the survey should be relatively soon.

And thanks everyone for all the positive feedback in this thread, it is very much appreciated.

*Originally posted by Kyle Fenton *
**Yes and I was shocked to see Andy Baker being interviewed. But I didn’t actually see him. **

I was more surprised that we were able to get Baker into a 229 shirt. :stuck_out_tongue: It was a great weekend though, some really good competition.

I would also like to thank WPI for a great competition and have some personal thanks.

First to team 166, who has always been a good team, who’s robot never reflected that, were finally vindicated on saturday after, disappointing luck all season and missing out on going to nats, it was great to see them walk away with their heads held high, congrats Merrimack.

Second to team 176, another awesome bot this year that was sadly absent from nats was picked late in the rotation (good pick 1099) and then showed everyone by proudly leading their alliance to a second place finish.

Thanks to Andy Baker for inspiring all of 229

And thanks to Dave, Ricksta, and the rest of 121 i know that battlecry, and Nats the last two years have been disappointments to you guys, however you should know that theres at least on firster in the world who thinks
FIRST wouldn’t be the same without you guys.

Chris C.
Team 229

I had a great time also… My hair never looked better hahaha… Our robot didn’t do that good but we had a blast… Thank you everyone who makes Battlecry happen…