Thanks for an awesome season of RobotPy!

Hey there!

With the conclusion of the St. Louis Championship this weekend, I’d like to thank everyone in the RobotPy community for your participation and hope that your experience with RobotPy this season was a positive one. I’d love to hear any feedback you have, positive or negative, about your experiences this season.

If you’re working on robot stuff this summer, keep in mind there’s always improvements to RobotPy that can be done, and we’d love your contributions. :slight_smile:

Dustin

Is there a count on how many robots are using RobotPy?

I don’t have any numbers now, but I expect FIRST to release numbers in May similar to what they did last year.

Ok, I’ll look for it. Looks like 1 in 2015 and 3 in 2016 from the data they show from last year.

The data set has a ton of data, wonder if one of the many data mavens can produce any cool information, like trends.

There were 33 python teams in 2016. No official numbers were released for 2015, but ancedotally I think maybe a dozen used it that year.

While I didn’t mentor a team this year, I did use RobotPy for a side-project.

It was very easy to get going. I’d like to see more teams work on some type of a co-processor or additional hardware, and the easiest methods to me would be LabVIEW (If you are running Windows), or Python (runs on Linux, Mac, and Windows).