Thanks for the B.O.M.B.

Posted by Frank Toussaint.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Wheeling and Rolling Meadows and Motorola .

Posted on 6/26/2000 12:08 PM MST

I have many things to say but first I must offer my appreciation to those who made the Baxter Ozark Mountain Brawl not only possible but a delight. The event blew me away! The venue was spacious; there was plenty of seating, plenty of room in the pits. The planning and execution were flawless. The refereeing was perfect. The projection TV and the computers that ran it were F.I.R.S.T. rate. The playing field was perfect. The picnic at the lake exceeded my expectations; there weren’t even any mosquitoes. The band at the wrap party was fabulous and Roy Orbison and Patsy Klein were there; I heard them sing!

The competing teams were illustrious, enthusiastic and determined; the matches were intense. And then, just before the final match, the Juggernaut broke their lead screw and needed major repairs. They called their five-minute timeout and went to work but after five minutes they were not ready. At this point their competing alliance (Heat Wave and the BOMB Squad) invoked their own timeout to give the Juggernauts time to finish repairs. Now, that’s not just gracious professionalism: that’s class!

Next year I wanna go again. I recommend this event to every FIRST team and I predict that next year fifty teams will ask to attend!

Frank

Posted by Mike McIntyre.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #1, Juggernaut, from Oakland Technical Center Northeast and 3 Dimensional Services.

Posted on 6/26/2000 10:33 PM MST

In Reply to: Thanks for the B.O.M.B. posted by Frank Toussaint on 6/26/2000 12:08 PM MST:

Ditto to everything that Frank said; another point about Baxter’s ‘G-P’: we broke that lead screw in a tussle with them in the finals, that same lead screw was welded with a fitting on Friday so that we might have a spare (just in case…) and it was a BAXTER engineer, John C., who took it out and did the welding for us!

: I have many things to say but first I must offer my appreciation to those who made the Baxter Ozark Mountain Brawl not only possible but a delight. The event blew me away! The venue was spacious; there was plenty of seating, plenty of room in the pits. The planning and execution were flawless. The refereeing was perfect. The projection TV and the computers that ran it were F.I.R.S.T. rate. The playing field was perfect. The picnic at the lake exceeded my expectations; there weren’t even any mosquitoes. The band at the wrap party was fabulous and Roy Orbison and Patsy Klein were there; I heard them sing!

: The competing teams were illustrious, enthusiastic and determined; the matches were intense. And then, just before the final match, the Juggernaut broke their lead screw and needed major repairs. They called their five-minute timeout and went to work but after five minutes they were not ready. At this point their competing alliance (Heat Wave and the BOMB Squad) invoked their own timeout to give the Juggernauts time to finish repairs. Now, that’s not just gracious professionalism: that’s class!

: Next year I wanna go again. I recommend this event to every FIRST team and I predict that next year fifty teams will ask to attend!

: Frank