Thanks Teams 71, 111, 112, 269!!

Posted by David Kelly at 03/25/2001 12:27 AM EST

Student on team #234, Cyber Blue, from Perry Meridian High School [IUPUI] and Rolls-Royce/NASA KSC/ NEC/ Trilithic/ Peregrine/.

I would like to personally thank the Motorola Midwest Regional Championship allinace for a job well done. You guys did an AWESOME job!! Never in our wildest dreams would we have thought that we would play such a big part in the Championship Alliance. I literally had tears flowing to my eyes after we won. It was the greatest feeling that I have ever experienced in my entire life. Getting the high score of 710 in the country and getting a special Judges Award for our articulated arm made it even more special. Team Hammond were such great friends to us for giving us the Most Reliable Robot award and for helping us get our arm working after the Q-matches. They also told us that we were the best robot to put the big ball on top.

That was all good news, but unforturnately be have some bad news. We are NOT going to be able to defend our Regional Championchip at the Nationals because of lack of funding. Regardless, we wish the best of luck to our allince and all other FIRST teams going to the Nationals.

Thanks again, All you guys are special

David Kelly
Student Captain/ Webmaster/ Driver
CB Team 234

P.S. I would also like to thank Andy Baker and the Technokats for their helpfulness of bringing our robot back home (hopefully in 1 piece). Andy, I’m sorry that we had to beat you guys after all the help you have given us this year. You guys are special.