Thanks to 69 for a Great Event

Posted by Lora Knepper at 2/17/2001 8:17 AM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Rochester Institute of Technology / Edison Tech HS and Alstom and Fiber Technologies.

Wow, I got home last night too tired to post - but for those of you who couldn’t make it to Quincy, MA for Ramp Rampage, it was a great event! The area from which teams came was astounding - MA, CT, RI and NH - and to finally see the game played proved, to me at least, that this game is far from “boring” or “wimpy”. From the robots I saw in action there, the CT and NJ regionals should be an incredible competition. I believe the highest score of the day was about 288 (if someone knows the correct number, please correct me!) - and that was at the end of the matches as all 4 teams finally worked out communication issues. Overall, it was a great time, and the bots that were there blew my mind. Some limboers, some not, some big ball grabbers, some not. The only type of robot that I didn’t see represented was a small ball bot. The only small balls that were scored were by the human players.

I also have to thank my pals from South Windsor on team 177 for recruiting me as human player while the busload of kids were getting lost on the way (Mass highway confusion :o) Keep an eye on their bot!

~ lora