Thanks to our allies in GLR

Posted by Neil at 03/25/2001 9:24 PM EST

Other on team #573, Mech Warriors, from Brother Rice and Delta, Dow, PETS.

Hey all. I’m from team 573 and I would like to thank team 308 for picking us at the Great Lakes Regional. I’m glad they saw pass our poor ranking and picked us for our multi-talented robot. Also thanks to teams 382, 469, and 65 for being awesome partners. We almost had them in the finals! In my mind, there Isn’t anything wrong with second.

On a related subject i think that the ranking system can be crooked and a good robot could be looked over in the elimination rounds in the regionals. I hope that this doesnt happen in florida and all decent robots get a shot at what they’ve worked on for months now.

Posted by Matt Leese at 03/25/2001 10:23 PM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Fiber Technologies & RIT.

In Reply to: Thanks to our allies in GLR
Posted by Neil on 03/25/2001 9:24 PM EST:

Unfortunately not all teams can compete in the elimination matches. And unfortunatley that means that there will be some good teams that can’t compete. But not everyone can win the National Championship. But to give the canned speech all over again, we’re all winners. No, really, we are. The real learning experience is in the 6 weeks. That’s where the important part of it is. Winning in competition is nice too but that’s not the point of FIRST. Maybe the rankings are unfair to some teams but we all knew how it’d work ahead of time so it was a suprise to no one. You need to design and plan accordingly.

Matt

Posted by Kevin at 03/25/2001 10:54 PM EST

Coach on team #308, Walled Lake Monsters, from Walled Lake Schools and TRW Automotive Electronics.

: Hey all. I’m from team 573 and I would like to thank team 308 for picking us at the Great Lakes Regional. I’m glad they saw pass our poor ranking and picked us for our multi-talented robot. Also thanks to teams 382, 469, and 65 for being awesome partners. We almost had them in the finals! In my mind, there Isn’t anything wrong with second.

: On a related subject i think that the ranking system can be crooked and a good robot could be looked over in the elimination rounds in the regionals. I hope that this doesnt happen in florida and all decent robots get a shot at what they’ve worked on for months now.

While team 308 was happy to be allied with teams 65, 382, 469, and 573, in actuality team 382 was doing the picking. We were thankful to be paired up with such a great alliance with such tremendous potential, and we take our hats off to the winning alliance, as they posted the highest match score of the regional and were terrific competitors!

Posted by Erin at 03/26/2001 6:58 AM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

To all on team 573-

Your team and your robot is awesome, and you hold exemplary standards in the category of rookie teams. I was almost convinced that you could have been a veteran.

Thanks for everything, you guys were awesome. Keep up the good work.

-Erin

Posted by Ken Patton at 03/26/2001 9:00 AM EST

Engineer on team #65, The Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Ditto from us on team 65 - we were happy to get picked by you, and even happier to get a chance to play. Working with you guys and 469 and 573 was a lot of fun!

There was definitely some good teamwork between you two teams in drafting and making the strategy fit well with the robots. You were organized right from the start.

Although we are totally excited with our finish, we are still sorry that we used up too much time in dropping off the goal. We’ll do better next time, since we have a fix in the works by tomorrow night.

THANKS!!!
Ken

Posted by Kevin at 03/26/2001 10:26 AM EST

Coach on team #308, Walled Lake Monsters, from Walled Lake Schools and TRW Automotive Electronics.

In Reply to: thanks to 382 and 308!!!
Posted by Ken Patton on 03/26/2001 9:00 AM EST:

I would like to thank team 382 for giving our alliance the opportunity we had. Their gracious professionalism went above and beyond, and I can only hope we have the chance to work together again.

Also, I would like to thank teams 65, 469, and 573 for their cooperation in making our alliance what it could be by working so well with team 382 and ourselves. This really was an ideal alliance, in every sense.

See you all in Florida!

Kevin