The 2008 design process (in pictures)

this is how every design process started for us in the first week. :slight_smile:
It’s always funny to say: “yeah but just remember that isn’t a poof ball…” and have the person understand the size and scale of the ball :slight_smile:

how about you?

-Leav

Lol, a person on the team came up with a feeding and shooting mechanism. yeah… didn’t work out so well :smiley:

-vivek

yea we had lots of designs where people in their minds eye imagines a poof ball. One where the ball was transported via conveyor belt from ground to overpass.

yeah, we now blow up the ball at all meetings. :smiley:

-vivek

Our ball is blown up in every meeting.

We had that problem in the beginning, thinking the ball was easier to handle than it was. We now treat it like a medicine ball, practically :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, this was a problem with some of us aswell, thats why after a couple meetings we had basically decided to draw the ball before the robot :stuck_out_tongue:

After having the ball fall off of the overpass and on to your head, let’s just say you’ll never forget how big it is again. (Safety glasses didn’t quite help this time around :o )

Oh man, I can imagine that giving you bad neck pains :S

I couldn’t imagine the real size of the ball until the team opened the KOP and inflated it. WOW, THATS HUGE. One question: Were do they find this stuff? That has to be the biggest and heaviest ball I have ever seen.

After having the ball fall off of the overpass and on to your head, let’s just say you’ll never forget how big it is again.

Had this happen to a few members. Also knocked some water pipes around that where hanging from the shop ceiling. Lets just say we are more careful now.

This is the younger brother of two of our members. It took him a while but he finally managed to pick up the ball… and yes he got applause. (from me at least) :smiley: It seems like everyone underestimates it’s size until they actually pick it up.