So I made this thread, four years ago and clicking through it many of the teams (Including my own choices) have won events since then.
So I figured I would start a new discussion but add some new rules as well as keep the old ones:
- You must compete with the team fairly regularly
- The team must have competed in 4 straight FRC seasons aka since 2013
- Teams must already be signed up to compete in the 2017 season
- They can not have won any official event
- An official event is one that provides a FIRST Blue Banner (Regional, Distict, District Championship, Division, Subdivision, and Championship)
- They can not be your team or teams.
While not a requirement I also would like everyone to list why they think they are good, and what has kept them from getting the coveted winner title.
Bad Luck? Mechanical Inconsistencies? Scouting Issues?
So from Florida I am going to say 3556 GET SMART and 3653 BOTCATS.
3556 was the easy one for me because they are the team that appears to be on their way to being the next big player in Florida FRC. In their 6 years and 8 regionals they have only missed elims once. And those 7 elims appearances include two finalist appearances in 2012 and 2016. 3556 to me is always just one slightly different decision, or one bit of luck going a different way from getting that blue banner and I have faith they are just about to finally have everything come together.
3653 has two finalists appearances (2012 and 2015) over there 6 years, same as 3556, but are not as consistent as GET SMART (Missing 5 elims out of 11 regionals). But after looking at teams who hadn’t won I noticed that 3653 always improves in between their events and does better, hence a late bloomer. 3653 needs to find consistency earlier in the season to get their win, because with their proven ability to improve I know they are capable of producing a robot to win earlier.