The Containers!

Has anyone found a store that has the containers we need? The Game section of the manual refers to the robot section, although I can’t seem to find that in the manual.

http://www.sterilite.com/retail.html

Just a warning, these containers are very brittle. Be careful of temperatures when storing them. Also, I don’t know how none of them broke when they fell from the stack on the ramp during kickoff.

I’m sure we’ll see alot of them breaking during competition time though!

If you have a Walmart nearby, check there. We just sent two team members to buy bins from them. We checked Taget, they don’t have them. Hope this helps!

• Katie

We checked a bunch of stores and found them at Walmart in Schaumburg, IL (Chicago) for $3.50 on sale. Normally they were $7 a piece. We checked CVS, Walgreens, Target and found none. The Container Store had them but they weren’t the blue ones. Good luck.

Brian

“6 . THE CONTAINERS
Sterilite Corporation (www.sterilite.com), Townsend, MA, manufactures the plastic storage containers
used in this game. The game containers are 73-quart capacity, model 1730, and their color is Glacier
(blue). They are approximately 24-1/4” long x 17-1/4” wide x 15-3/4” high.
The tops of the containers will be fastened securely to the container bodies with plastic pop-rivets. Retroreflective
tape will be applied to the human-player handled containers only.
Containers are readily available for purchase at stores such as Walmart, Target, and others. Sterilite will
also sell to teams through their distributor but the minimum order amount is $ 250 USD. See The Robot
Section of the manual for a list of suppliers that will sell to teams and specific ordering information.”

The containers description can be found on the sterlite webpage HERE

And just think, after this season, we can actually use the bins to organize all our team closets!

Are they the Sterilite 1730 units?

I have some that we use for storage. They are labelled as a 20 gallon unit.

I still can’t see the documents on the website, they must have pulled the documents off…

edit: By telepathy, my question was answered during the same time I was typing this… Thanks!!

I just got one from Walmart for $3.44. Problem is they had two desert colored ones, and one blue one with a broken lid. I picked up a desert colored one but I guess we’ll have to find another walmart in order to get more.

*Originally posted by Elgin Clock *
**Just a warning, these containers are very brittle. Be careful of temperatures when storing them. Also, I don’t know how none of them broke when they fell from the stack on the ramp during kickoff.

I’m sure we’ll see alot of them breaking during competition time though! **

How do you know they’re brittle? We got all 45 today and were knocking them over, but they didn’t break.

I doubt there will be a team short storage tubs come the regionals, not to mention years to come. Although it’ll be strange when every team at nationals has Glacier Blue Crates in the pits.

*Originally posted by Bduggan04 *
**How do you know they’re brittle? We got all 45 today and were knocking them over, but they didn’t break.

I doubt there will be a team short storage tubs come the regionals, not to mention years to come. Although it’ll be strange when every team at nationals has Glacier Blue Crates in the pits. **

I’ve use these containers before, It might have been just from the cold storage tempature that effected them though.

Yeah, about the color, would the sahara brown fit better in texas???

And I want one of those stickers they had on the sides of the buckets, they look eerily familiar to the ones I made HERE & HERE lol
Oh well, I guess I can’t technically sue them for copyright infringement can I??? LOL

*Originally posted by Norm M. *
**Are they the Sterilite 1730 units?

I have some that we use for storage. They are labelled as a 20 gallon unit.

I still can’t see the documents on the website, they must have pulled the documents off…

edit: By telepathy, my question was answered during the same time I was typing this… Thanks!! **

Are you shure about this? I need a definite confirmation.

Sanddrag, see my previous post that starts with this,

*Originally posted by Elgin Clock *
**“6 . THE CONTAINERS”

I copied that right from the pdf rule book file and posted it earlier.

The totes will break/crack too and even show a little “stress” damage. Andy Baker went to Wal-Mart and bought about 26 to add to the 3 we got earlier in the day. Then we decided to start seeing how to move them and knock them down, this includes throwing people into them.

Originally posted by Elgin Clock.
**Just a warning, these containers are very brittle. Be careful of temperatures when storing them. Also, I don’t know how none of them broke when they fell from the stack on the ramp during kickoff.

I’m sure we’ll see alot of them breaking during competition time though!**

Actually, I believe there were two that broke in the demo run.

*Originally posted by Clark Gilbert *
**The totes will break/crack too and even show a little “stress” damage. Andy Baker went to Wal-Mart and bought about 26 to add to the 3 we got earlier in the day. **

I bought 25.

A 1996 Pontiac Sunfire can hold a capacity of 25 of these containers, with lids. I’m still not sure how I got that many into my car without a shoehorn.

Andy B.

That was without the lids on I asume Andy?? I want to see how FIRST hauls these things around from venue to venue with the option to nest them inside each other not being an option because of the plastic rivets holding it shut.

Unless they unrivet and re-rivet them at every comp.
Can you say mandated team volunteers?

All Sunday people were running around the city
for plastic storage containers.

Some were found in True Value Hardware store.

Good lunck.
:slight_smile:

NOTE!

The brown ones (at least the ones I saw) were not the same as the blue ones, completely different design.

we happened to find them at our super walmart on sale (WOOHOO how CONVIENENT) the guy at meijer however thought we were crazy when we told him the model number and tried to describe them…saying he had never seen that size anywhere.

i guesse our regular walmart has em too…
if u cant find them in the regular area of storage containers our walmart said they had a bunch in the lawn and garden department also.

*Originally posted by oneangrydwarf *
the guy at meijer however thought we were crazy when we told him the model number and tried to describe them…saying he had never seen that size anywhere.

That’s cause the size on the sticker is in Gal and L, but for some reason FIRST told us the size in quarts :confused: