The Dot.

Several people have voiced their opinion and want ‘the dot’ back. What dot, you ask? The dot that shows on the folder icon indicating which threads you have posted in. If someone seriously wants to modify the graphics, send me a PM and I will send you the photoshop file. There are 8 different versions (locked, hot, new, etc) of the folder that would need to contain a dot. I am also still looking for a talented individual to make the ‘Spotlight this Post’ icon, so we don’t have to rely on the reputation icon in both places. Send me a PM if you are interested in doing either (or both) of these.

Approximately how large would these icons have to be? pixel size?
I’m guessing the same size as the current buttons?

After looking at the photoshop file … I can handle doing ‘The Dot’. I’m not that lazy.

The spotlight icon will have to be 21px wide and 17px tall. No more, no less.

Actually, that brings up a good point. Is it possible to use our own image ‘themes’, assuming we don’t take up more of your server space?

Nah, one theme is good enough :slight_smile:

I lied. I am that lazy. I have other things that I have to be doing, besides making a dot look good.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/images/statusicon/icons.psd

Here is a list of the images you need to make from that file:

thread_dot.gif
thread_dot_hot.gif
thread_dot_hot_lock.gif
thread_dot_hot_lock_new.gif
thread_dot_hot_new.gif
thread_dot_lock.gif
thread_dot_lock_new.gif
thread_dot_new.gif

You can only modify the ‘dot’ layer. Anything else is off limits. Zip em up and send me the gifs, and preferably the psd file, in case I ever need to recreate the graphics (upgrades, etc).

Would something like this http://team696.org/images/lightbulb2.gif work for the spotlight? My skills in Photoshop aren’t the greatest but that’s what I came up with.

Brandon, I removed the DOT and put my own dot in, so, how do I send you the PSD? What’s your email?

webmaster AT chiefdelphi DOT com

duh :stuck_out_tongue:

Make sure to send me all the files listed above… not just the psd.

Ok, next Wednesday at 6PM EST is the deadline for the dots (gifs, attached to an email) and the spotlight (gif or png, email or PM, please).

Once I receive what everybody has done, I’ll make two separate threads, and everybody can vote on which ones they want to use. So far, we have 3 spotlight submissions, and 1 or 2 folder submissions in the works.

The winner gets… to showcase thier work on the forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

Question Brandon, did you get my submission?

Yes, and I replied to your e-mail.
They need to be .gif and 20px x 20px.

Ok, thanks, I can’t check my mail at school, just wanted to know! :slight_smile: