The dumbest thing you've ever done EVER!

I was reading what some of the dumbest things people saw at nationals so I decided to start a thread asking what the dumbest thing(s) you yourself have done, not just at a FIRST event but EVER in the history of everything.

I’ll start off by putting mine in.

I was at a Bickfords for one of my friends friends graduation party and there was a kid there who asked anybody at the table to eat those cups of butter they give you for the pancakes. I told him I wold do it for money he put in a dollar but then said I had to drink a shot glass of maple syrup that also came with the pancakes, after the butter. so I said sure I’l do it well to make a long story short I did it but ended up throwing up in the bushes out side, BUT I made a dollar:D

You threw up in the bushes after that! I never would have known, you are a brave soul, plus for soem reason that made my friends think you were cool… hmmm…

The dumbest thing I’ve ever done is hmm… probably being born, my whole life after that is one big series of accidents…:slight_smile: The one I felt the stupidiest after though was when I was late to pictures so I was running down the hall towards the doors, then decided to run through the open one, small problem though… the “open door” was really a BIG glass window which I quickly planted my face into… My face was kinda of red for the pictures and everyone watching outside the door laughed really hard!

Now, the dumbest thing I’ve ever done, ever, I would not admit too, neither will I say the dumb, dangerous things I’ve done. However, I’m really good at getting into jams. For example, I loved climbing trees when I was young, but I always got stuck. One time they even had to call the fire department to get me down.

One of my dumbest:

One summer during college I took a part time job as a hostess in a local restaurant. Having always had jobs that kept me extremely busy, I was dismayed to find myself with nothing to do before and after the dinner rush. On one particularly slow night I noticed that the plants around the hostess stand looked dry, so I decided to water them. As I finished this task, I noticed the manager watching me. Pleased with myself, I waited for a “thanks” or a “good job”. Instead I got a raised eyebrow and a “Now that you’ve watered the artificial plants, would you like to water the real ones?”

MissInformation

<==========>
Just don’t ask about the cabbage incidents.

This is more of stupidity and not accidental accidents like running into the “open door”

I roller bladed on the roof of my house and jumped off into a pine tree…no injuries except for a scrape from the tree branch

There was also the time where I rode my “BIg Wheel Tricycle” (The hells angels of tricycles :D) down the stairs because I just saw home alone (part where he rides his sled down the stairs and out the door) well my big wheel flipped over and i hit my head on the door and knocked myself out.

Finally there was the time when I was 3 and I figured out how to open the child safety locks on the cleaning supply cabinet and i sprayed windex in my face on accident

Except for the first stunt all of those were before age 4

*Originally posted by D.J. Fluck *
**Except for the first stunt all of those were before age 4 **

Mmm, Hmm, SURE they were… :smiley:

**I roller bladed on the roof of my house and jumped off into a pine tree. **

Hmm… this explains things.

(note to self… keep power tools away from DJ)

Andy B.

Hmm, well I am actually quite known for doing dumb stuff. Hell, I take pride in the fact that I was the first (and probably only) human player to miss a match due to injury. In 1996 between matches we were fixing a plastic chain which was controling our conveyor system. Well stupid me decides to take the screwdriver I was using to pry the chain apart and put it right into my finger, slicing me up pretty bad. So instead of being out on the field throwing balls, I was pretty much nursing the blood comming out of my finger for a round.

As for non-FIRST dumb things…well I’ve also been known to walk into screen doors and hit parked cars when riding bikes…but thats a story for a different time =)

Peace,
Andy

**This is more of stupidity and not accidental accidents like running into the “open door”

I roller bladed on the roof of my house and jumped off into a pine tree…no injuries except for a scrape from the tree branch

There was also the time where I rode my “BIg Wheel Tricycle” (The hells angels of tricycles :D) down the stairs because I just saw home alone (part where he rides his sled down the stairs and out the door) well my big wheel flipped over and i hit my head on the door and knocked myself out.

Finally there was the time when I was 3 and I figured out how to open the child safety locks on the cleaning supply cabinet and i sprayed windex in my face on accident

Except for the first stunt all of those were before age 4 **

D.J., don’t let them pick on you! When I was 2 I thought it was really fun to go to the top of the stairs in our house and roll down them (no carpeting). Of course, I was dizzy then and would get up and walk into the wall. I was covered with bruises and my parents had to take me to the emergency room so many times that they got investigated by Social Services for child abuse :smiley: And when I was 4, someone who was visiting us was on Thorazine and I got hold of the bottle and ate them all (one Thorazine knocks out an adult). When I was 7, my brothers and I thought it was cool to climb up the sliding part of a slide and jump off of the ladder part. There was one slide on the playground that was too big and no one would do it… but me! I still have a very small scar near my eye from where my Sylvester the cat sunglasses broke upon impact…

So don’t let them pick on you! Us brave, fearless (okay, also idiotic) people have more fun!!! :wink:

MissInformation

<==========>
Do it! It’s easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission -Unknown

ahaha,
wheelie knows how accident prone i am…
lets see…

cracking my skull on a airplane

almost puncturing my spleen mountian bike riding

having a ton of sheet metal fall on me in my high school machining class

jumping off my neighbors roof, and almost breaking my ankle

breaking the growth plate in my knee by falling on my uncle’s hardwood floor, while walking and watching tv

and anything that i do at first, lol, wheelie knows about the saw-zall!!

Badjokeguy

i did the home alone thing too…

i don’t remember how old i was, but i know i was younger than 6. basically, i took a laundry basket thing (one of the rectangular ones, not one you have standing in the corner of your bedroom/bathroom), sat down in it, and pushed off from the top of a luckily small set of stairs. i think i wound up bouncing down and was fine after, but my parent’s still try to make fun of me sometimes… :smiley:

*Originally posted by MissInformation *
**D.J., don’t let them pick on you! **

Its Baker…he is just kidding

anyway i really couldn’t care less if people make fun of me for my stupidity err fun

about the whole home alone stunt, sleeping bags work pretty well slick side down:) a little bumpy, but it slides pretty well:D

Somehow driving tends to bring out my stupidity…like when I hit a parked car and their trailer hitch took out a perfect hole in my back tail light. I also got a ticket for a california roll…trust me, you don’t want to take 10 hours of traffic school for not making a 3 second stop.

As for FIRST stuff, my teams craziness/dumbness always seems to rub off. Playing with the springs that were part of our extendor was definately not a good idea, seeing as how I got my hand stuck into it and it hurt like no other. (painful memory!)

And while this may be slightly off topic, I just had to share another crazy story since this seems to be the closest topic for it and I had to brag. One of my fellow teammates/friends left for new jersey monday and for his final stunt, he jumped into my neighbor’s backyard at night and bathed in their pool. We have this on videotape, it was so funny! And why is this such a funny story you might ask, well my neighbor is the Congressman of the 25th district of California and he was home at the time.

Hmmm. The DUMBEST thing I have ever done EVER…

Nope, sorry. The Statue of Limitations has not expired on that one yet, so I’m not gonna talk about it… Let’s just say that I need to stay far away from the Norfolk and Western Railroad for a few more years, and leave it at that… :wink:

-dave

“I’ve had a wonderful time, but this wasn’t it.”
- Groucho Marx

*Originally posted by Ian W. *
basically, i took a laundry basket thing (one of the rectangular ones, not one you have standing in the corner of your bedroom/bathroom), sat down in it, and pushed off from the top of a luckily small set of stairs.

I remember doing the same thing down a full flight of stairs; now that’s fun. Unfortunately they don’t make laundry baskets big enough for me now, otherwise I’d give it another try.

Mike

*Originally posted by Mike Soukup *

I remember doing the same thing down a full flight of stairs; now that’s fun. Unfortunately they don’t make laundry baskets big enough for me now, otherwise I’d give it another try.

Mike **

Mike, 3 words: Giant Packing Boxes

Mike, 3 words: Giant Packing Boxes **

How about even posing to these types of threads? :smiley:

Hehe

I did that to my friend last summer. His dad helped (!) and the box went down two steps, got stuck, and gravity took over. He flew out and down the rest of the flight.

When I was young, we would tape the boxes and pad them like actuall rides, and then send us down.

Stairs huh??? How about going down stairs on rollerskates? That was when I was 5.

Or riding your bike and checking out a girl, not watching where you are going and flipping over the handlebars and getting 14 stiches in your leg as a result??

Did someone say monorail?? Yeah I broke one of those.

Or how about this escapade?THIS WAS FUN!!!

Then there was the time I had a mohawk, actually that was at BattleCry 3!!!

Oh yeah and then there was the time I got a speding ticket coming back from a Lego League Event, That sucked!

Or what about the time we fed a friends dog Mt. Dew!!

Oh and lets not even bring up the subject of my cool color car again!
Me “It’s purple”
Anyone Else “It’s Pink”
Me “It’s purple”
Anyone Else “It’s Pink”
Me “No wait, It’s Thistle!”
Anyone Else “Thistle?”
Me “Yeah, a cross between Pink and Purple!”
Anyone Else “Oh Brother!”

I HAVE DONE SO MANY STOOPID THINGS, I COULD GO ON FOREVER!!!

I also did the home alone thing. i was about 5 when i saw the movie and decided to do it in a cardboard box. i ended up breaking my wrist.

i don’t think i have any cute or funny stories from myself but i know that my cousin tried to flush her kitten down the toilet.