The Fifth Annual Red Stick Rumble

Hello all!

We are excited to open registration for the Fifth Annual Dow Red Stick Rumble.

Just the Facts:
The Red Stick Rumble is Louisiana’s Premiere Off-Season FIRST Robotics Event organized and ran by FIRST Team 3337, Panthrobotics. It is a event that includes an FRC Off-Season Competition on an official field, an FTC Scrimmage, an FLL Fast Start and a JFll demo. It is designed to provide teams an opportunity to compete in a upbeat environment to help recruit new members, train new drivers, explore new design ideas, and in general develop camaraderie between teams.

Event Dates: August 25th - 26th, 2017 w/25h an optional practice day.

FRC Registration Cost: $300.00 ($275.00 Early Registration until June 1st)
FTC Registration Cost: Free

Link to Register:
http://www.redstickrumble.org/registration/

We will release more information as we get closer to the event date. For now, we are excited about the event and we hope to see you there!

Looking forward to it! I’ll see if we can get registered in the next week or so!

But… the dates? The second day is practice, and both of them are last year?

From http://www.redstickrumble.org/event-details/ it looks like it’s the 25th and 26th of 2017 with the 25th being the optional practice day.

We may have some schedule conflicts with TRR, so Pearadox may be coming to RSR instead this year. Hopefully I’ll iron out what we want our offseason schedule to be shortly!

Here is an updated team list for the RSR. We are hoping that you’ll be able to join us!

2183 Tigerbots
2992 The S.S. Prometheus
3337 Panthrobotics
3616 Phenomena
3946 Slidell High School Tiger Robotics
3991 KnightVision
4087 Falcon Robotics
4107 Storm
4587 Jersey Voltage
5168 Guardian Angels
5953 NOLA Robotics
5965 Power Struck Girls
6362 Shengxue Corps

Daniel,
Please excuse me for glomming on to a thread because it has a lot of local interest, but it makes more sense to me than making my own thread for this:

The week of 17-21 July, FRC 3946 will be hosting a robot programming summer camp using the WPI Java Libraries, Robot Builder, and the command based robot model. We anticipate 3-5 members of our team to participate, and are hoping to have a total of 8-12 programmers. The lead mentor will be Gus Michel III, my son (Gixxy), and founder/founding programmer of 3946, who is currently in his senior year of a Computer Science Degree at LA Tech. We have a few desktop computers available, but any programmer who can bring a laptop is encouraged to do so! The camp is going to be structured around a practical goal, that is, programming 3946’s robot from the ground up; we plan to have both our competition and practice robots available as test platforms, and will likely have a friendly end-of-week competition between the two robots and their programming teams - perhaps fastest team to hang a certain number of gears and climb a rope.

Edit: OBTW, yes, we’re planning to bring the best of the code developed at the camp to Red Stick.

Please PM me if interested!

Hello everyone! We wanted to update our current list of attendees to the Red Stick Rumble. We are only one team registration away from hitting the highest number of registrations we’ve ever had. Here is our list currently:

364 Team Fusion
1912 Team Combustion
1927 Tempest
2080 Torbotics
2183 Tigerbots
2221 Fontainebleau RoboDawgs
2992 The S.S. Prometheus
3039 Wildcat Robotics
3337 Panthrobotics
3616 Phenomena
3753 BulahBots
3991 KnightVision
4087 Falcon Robotics
4107 Storm
4336 Ramageddon
4587 Jersey Voltage
4978 Tiger Robotics
5953 NOLA Robotics
5965 Power Struck Girls
6489 Bronco Robotics

Registration is still open and we can handle up to 30 teams. If you haven’t had the opportunity to compete in a Louisiana event, we would love to have you.

Daniel,

We look forward to great event!

Daniel,
Any update on the teams attending?

We are so glad you asked! Here is our latest team update with 24 teams. We expect one more registration before we close and so it will bring us to 25 teams, the largest the event has ever had!

364 Team Fusion
456 Siege Robotics
1912 Combustion
1927 Tempest
2080 Torbotics
2183 Tigerbots
2221 Fontainebleau RoboDawgs
2992 The S.S. Prometheus
3039 Wildcat Robotics
3337 Panthrobotics
3616 Phenomena
3753 BulahBots!
3847 Spectrum
3991 KnightVision
4087 Falcon Robotics
4107 Storm
4209 TigerBytes
4336 Ramageddon
4587 Jersey Voltage
4978 Tiger Robotics
5953 NOLA Robotics
5965 Power Struck Girls
6489 Bronco Robotics

Seriously looking forward to it! We hooked at least four of our key team members last year at Red Stick!

While this is not a likely thing for us this year (too late), do you have any flexibility to allow an FRC team to compete as two teams (e.g. us as 3946 AND 8946 or 13946, with two separate robots) at Red Stick? This is something we might want to do next year, esp. as we train drive teams for future years.

Do we know who the 25th team is, and if they did register or not?

Daniel just sent an e-mail. Also attending:

• 5785 The Shield
  • 5863 Brusly High Robotics
  • 5864 ROBO PELICANS

In case you missed it, T.S. Harvey is forecast to develop into a major (cat 3) hurricane before coming ashore along the central Texas coast (Victoria is currently near the center of the cone). The models are ambiguous after landfall - it may move inland and dissipate, but it may turn back to the gulf, re-re-intensify, and come at Louisiana. Baton Rouge currently looks safe (but wet) through Saturday, but your drive back may be hazardous or downright dangerous if you’re coming in from Texas or western Louisiana. Everybody keep an eye on the news and be safe!

Came in the e-mail about 3pm:

Spectrum has had to cancel as all school activities for both schools have been cancelled for this weekend.

Was looking forward to having ya’ll in the competition. Stay safe guys!

Stay safe spectrum.

Since spectrum is no longer coming, I am guessing there are currently no plans for having a stream, since back in 2015 when they also didn’t attend, I believe there was no stream because spectrum wasn’t there.

If somebody has a hdmi capture card, and can bring it that would be awesome, so atleast we can try to have some sort of stream setup.

Our school has also decreed that we cannot come :disappointed:

As did ours. Everyone stay safe out there.

Thanks for hosting such a great event, we had a blast. Our team made it home safely and we are now unloading our stuff before we are hit with heavy rain for probably the next few days.