I am looking for feedback on things teams would like to see in next year’s version of PathWeaver. Some of the requested features targeted for 2021:
- Cubic / Quintic Splines Toggle
- More intuitive path creation (I can dive into more detail if wanted)
- Reorganization of the properties (see below)
- Export Waypoint to code
- Autonomous (Path Group) file export that is a concatenation of all paths it contains.
- Path level Max Velocity & Max Acceleration
- Constraints. Including the region constraints.
- Robot Outline. Wheel Path outline.
- Path level start and end velocity control.
- More hotkeys allowing for quicker navigation.
Here is an overview of my proposal for what the different properties will look like. The current waypoint properties will instead display the properties for whatever object is selected (waypoint, path, or auto):
- Select Project
- Create Project
- Import Project
- Toggle Dark Mode (thanks Miscar)
- Toggle Robot Outline (new)
- Toggle Wheel Path (new)
- Project Directory
- Output Directory
- Length Unit
- Export Unit
- Wheel Base
- Robot Width (new)
- Robot Length (new)
Autonomous Properties: (new)
- Constraint List (new)
- Constraint Properties (new)
Path Properties: (new)
- Reversed (moved from waypoint)
- Quintic or Cubic (new)
- Max Velocity (moved from project)
- Max Acceleration (moved from project)
- Start Velocity (new)
- End Velocity (new)
- Tangent X
- Tangent Y
- Locked Tangent