The Internet Makes Me Cry =(

Went to check my mail today, got this:

http://24.184.74.67:81/pics-misc/GodDoIHateTheInternet.gif

I used to get 2-5 spam e-mails a day, but this is rediculous. Has anyone else been this hard-hit with the latest e-mail worm?

ive been getting a rediculious amount of spam in the past week or so… its waisting the bandwith i pay for

I haven’t visibly seen an increase. :smiley:

Hooray for bogofilter

Horray for something… I can count the number of spam emails I have received with my parents email account with my feet and hands.

Thats why a domain name rocks! I have infinate email adresses, and can just block out the ones that spam.

When i give out my email adress, I make it (insert you name here)@xpalendocious.com, and then i can see who sends myname out to spam lists.

I understand your pain…

I wish it would die

I use a Juno e-mail on my web-site (side tidbit, the juno address is my first e-mail address, I got it in 1996 when I first started spending a majority of my weekends in Virginia). My juno e-mail gets over 30 pieces of Spam a day (no, I do not want a new mortgage, do not wish to enlarge anything, do not care if someone wants to meet me, am not going to get an on-line degree, do not believe I will win a thousand dollars if I click here…).

I also have a couple (yeah, right, just a couple) of Yahoo addresses for signing up for things on the Internet, and I usually just do a spam delete once a week. I could do the different e-mail addresses with my domain names, but I can’t stand the thought of any spam going through to my home e-mail. The only place on the Internet that I use my personal e-mail on is here at this site, and I have never once received a spam e-mail on it!

Spam is evil, evil I say!

Heidi

<==========>
of course, almost as evil is the same old jokes forwarded 50 times and we’re not even going to mention chain letters…

Mozilla Thunderbird is so great when you get hit with spam :).

I don’t know why, but I haven’t gotten a lot of spam lately, but any that I do get is simply filtered out by Thunderbird’s “adaptive junk controls” which learns over time (took mine about two weeks of 2 -5 spams a day to teach it and get it to start working on it’s own) what’s spam and what’s not. It’s actually pretty cool, and runs as soon as your download your email, so it’s sorted right away :).

The joys of not having to deal with spam because of well made, even if it’s only at 0.2 (well, 0.3 is alpha now :p).

And if there’s anything horribly ungrammatically correct (like that) just yell at me or something, because I just realized I’m falling asleep on my keyboard :).

I have a hotmail account that I use for signing up for stuff and use for my email address on various forums. Since the 3 or years of having that account, I can count the number of spams I get on one hand. I don’t know why I don’t get any there not that I want it or anything. It seems odd.
Eric

If the internet makes you cry, maybe you should open that spam letter about picking up your prescription of Valium that is ready :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist :stuck_out_tongue:

I hate spam mail, but AT&T has a spam reporter that when you get a letter you click a button and it records it as spam and you dont get anything else from them. Its handy.

I don’t know why, but I haven’t gotten a lot of spam lately, but any that I do get is simply filtered out by Thunderbird’s “adaptive junk controls” which learns over time (took mine about two weeks of 2 -5 spams a day to teach it and get it to start working on it’s own) what’s spam and what’s not. It’s actually pretty cool, and runs as soon as your download your email, so it’s sorted right away .

What internet provider are you using?? Certain ones actually filter spam for you.

Optonline. It actually does filter spam for me, and there’s a lot of junk that gets caught in that filter as well, but I usually ignore it cause it’s kept on the server in another envelope. Some still slips through, which Thunderbird catches.

Actually, come to think of it, Dan has the same ISP as I do, so he should have the same features as me. Unless he turned his off for a cool picture :p.

i’ve been getting a whole lot more spam lately than in the past… luckily my yahoo account has a spam guard and sends any spam it doesn’t block to my bulk folder… from there it’s just a mouse click to rid my box of it completely. :cool:

My problem is that AOL’s spam mail filter tends to believe that all e-mail from our robotics coach is 180, er SPAM.

BTW, team 180, watch out. Microsoft is coming for you:

stop spam.gif

stop spam.gif

*Originally posted by D.J. Fluck *
** I hate spam mail, but AT&T has a spam reporter that when you get a letter you click a button and it records it as spam and you dont get anything else from them. Its handy. **
AOL has that, too…It’s the only thing on AOL I could ever appreciate…
I get a piece of spam mail like, once a month…

You mean to tell me that AOL’s Spam controls actually WORK? I still get 30 spam e-mails per day… what am I not doing?

Luckily, we’re switching ISPs. Apple’s e-mail client automatically filters out SPAM for me.