The Most Complete Strategy Manual!!!! READ ON!

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/03/2001 11:49 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

Guys…

i was at the UTC regional and I saw how big a mess all the coaches were who had all these different strategies they wanted to try. Most failed, and some could not even do the math mentally (or did not have a calculator along with them) WHAT NINNIES!

Really, sometimes FIRST is in such a rush to make you play that your coaches havent even had the time to think.

So anyway, i saw this binder made by team 250 who was scouting the hell out of UTC robots and saw a black binder with sheeploads (yes SHEEPLOADS) of strategical information. i cant give a better description of it…all i can say is that would be a bible to A LOT, i mean A LOT of those ninny coaches who do not know what the hell is going on…

anyone know if that team is selling it (ahem giving it away)? seriously, i only got a glance of it and i havent seen anything that useful since zip ties were invented!

-anton

Posted by mike oleary at 03/04/2001 4:18 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: The Most Complete Strategy Manual!!! READ ON!
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/03/2001 11:49 PM EST:

hmmmm
zip ties are awesome

: Guys…

: i was at the UTC regional and I saw how big a mess all the coaches were who had all these different strategies they wanted to try. Most failed, and some could not even do the math mentally (or did not have a calculator along with them) WHAT NINNIES!

: Really, sometimes FIRST is in such a rush to make you play that your coaches havent even had the time to think.

: So anyway, i saw this binder made by team 250 who was scouting the hell out of UTC robots and saw a black binder with sheeploads (yes SHEEPLOADS) of strategical information. i cant give a better description of it…all i can say is that would be a bible to A LOT, i mean A LOT of those ninny coaches who do not know what the hell is going on…

: anyone know if that team is selling it (ahem giving it away)? seriously, i only got a glance of it and i havent seen anything that useful since zip ties were invented!

: -anton

Posted by JVN at 03/04/2001 5:22 PM EST

Student on team #250, Dynamos - Capital District Robotics Team, from Shenendehowa High School and General Electric and Verizon.

In Reply to: Re: The Most Complete Strategy Manual!!! READ ON!
Posted by mike oleary on 03/04/2001 4:18 PM EST:

It’s pretty much confidential stuff…

I will tell you that it was designed by several RPI seniors as their senior project.

we’re not giving it away, but we’d be happy to share it with any allies…
:wink:

~John #250

Anton got one part right… it is a strategic bible…

Posted by Matt Ryan at 03/04/2001 7:55 PM EST

Student on team #69, HYPER, from Quincy Public Schools and Gillette.

In Reply to: Not for sale…
Posted by JVN on 03/04/2001 5:22 PM EST:

Thats where photocopying comes in…:smiley:

: It’s pretty much confidential stuff…

: I will tell you that it was designed by several RPI seniors as their senior project.

: we’re not giving it away, but we’d be happy to share it with any allies…
: :wink:

: ~John #250

: Anton got one part right… it is a strategic bible…

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/04/2001 10:40 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

In Reply to: Re: Not for sale…
Posted by Matt Ryan on 03/04/2001 7:55 PM EST:

: Thats where photocopying comes in…:smiley:

: : It’s pretty much confidential stuff…

: : I will tell you that it was designed by several RPI seniors as their senior project.

: : we’re not giving it away, but we’d be happy to share it with any allies…
: : :wink:

: : ~John #250

: : Anton got one part right… it is a strategic bible…

i miss the eighties…

Posted by Stephen Riley at 03/05/2001 12:10 AM EST

Engineer on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Wentworth Institute of Technology and Umass/BCHigh and Mathsoft, Solidworks, and NASA.

In Reply to: microfilm!
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/04/2001 10:40 PM EST:

: : Thats where photocopying comes in…:smiley:

: : : It’s pretty much confidential stuff…

: : : I will tell you that it was designed by several RPI seniors as their senior project.

: : : we’re not giving it away, but we’d be happy to share it with any allies…
: : : :wink:

: : : ~John #250

: : : Anton got one part right… it is a strategic bible…

: i miss the eighties…

Posted by Alli at 03/04/2001 11:26 PM EST

Student on team #178, 2nd Law Enforcers, from Farmington High and UTC/Otis.

In Reply to: Not for sale…
Posted by JVN on 03/04/2001 5:22 PM EST:

Hi - it’s probably not nearly as complete, but my team (178, UTC/Otis and Farmington High) scouted overall strategies for the matches at the UTC regional that went over 150 points. We have a database of a few matches, what each robot did and whether they succeeded. We also have a database of individual teams’ strategies from the regional. We’ll be working on it again at the nationals and we’d be glad to share it with anyone!

Posted by Bill Gold at 03/05/2001 12:35 AM EST

Student on team #258 from Lincoln High.

In Reply to: Re: Not for Sale
Posted by Alli on 03/04/2001 11:26 PM EST:

I’d be interested in any kind of strategy information from the UTC Regional.

: Hi - it’s probably not nearly as complete, but my team (178, UTC/Otis and Farmington High) scouted overall strategies for the matches at the UTC regional that went over 150 points. We have a database of a few matches, what each robot did and whether they succeeded. We also have a database of individual teams’ strategies from the regional. We’ll be working on it again at the nationals and we’d be glad to share it with anyone!

Posted by Alli at 03/05/2001 11:22 AM EST

Posted by Bill Gold on 03/05/2001 12:35 AM EST:

Sure, I’ll see what I can do - It’s on a FileMaker database, but we can probably send it in a different format (I’ll check with our Computer Coach). I’ll probably need an email or something if you’d like it before the nationals, but I’ll get back about it. We may also be posting it on our webpage, we’re not sure yet.

Posted by Alli at 03/05/2001 1:09 PM EST

Posted by Alli on 03/05/2001 11:22 AM EST:

OK we can send you the file in comma separated format (.csv) if you can’t read FileMaker. Email [email protected], and request the teams database, the strategy database or both.

Posted by Hannah at 03/06/2001 9:05 PM EST

Student on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High School and NYPRO.

My team has one too… Hours and hours of work and thought went into it. That’s the main reason we have a good strategy. Our Strategy team rocks we couldn’t have done well at utc without them!

Posted by Brian at 03/06/2001 9:43 PM EST

Student on team #126, Gael Force , from Clinton High School and Nypro.

In Reply to: Re: The Most Complete Strategy Manual!!! READ ON!
Posted by Hannah on 03/06/2001 9:05 PM EST:

I agree with Hannah and I want to say Thank you to all the hard working Pit Crew and Strategy Team. Without you guys we wouldn’t have done so well! Thank you and go GAEL FORCE! Team 126 we prevailed!

Posted by Bradley Mock at 03/07/2001 12:14 AM EST

Coach on team #250, Shen, from RPI and GE/Verizon.

As one of the five strategists who helped design/write/make this manual, i can assure you that it kicks some serious booty. Any complicated plays were computer simulated using a triangualar distribution for the time estimates. :slight_smile: Point totals consistantly give ya between 300 and 500 points.
Basically, it rocks.

Hope to see you all at nationals!

Bradley

Posted by Chris Yarsevich at 03/07/2001 1:42 PM EST

Engineer on team #250, Team 250, from RPI.

In Reply to: The Most Complete Strategy Manual Author
Posted by Bradley Mock on 03/07/2001 12:14 AM EST:

Everyone else not on team 250 or their alliance!

Beware! Big bad Brad will be Team 250’s coach and he will be bustin out the stratgies all over the place.

: As one of the five strategists who helped design/write/make this manual, i can assure you that it kicks some serious booty. Any complicated plays were computer simulated using a triangualar distribution for the time estimates. :slight_smile: Point totals consistantly give ya between 300 and 500 points.
: Basically, it rocks.

: Hope to see you all at nationals!

: Bradley

Posted by Chris Yarsevich at 03/07/2001 1:39 PM EST

Engineer on team #250, Team 250, from RPI.

Yes, its all true we at RPI have made the best strategy book EVER! Its over 60 pages of lovin! Any good robot/team is welcome to it if they pick us for an alliance member or we pick them. Look for the final version at Nationals and Watch Out!!

: So anyway, i saw this binder made by team 250 who was scouting the hell out of UTC robots and saw a black binder with sheeploads (yes SHEEPLOADS) of strategical information. i cant give a better description of it…all i can say is that would be a bible to A LOT, i mean A LOT of those ninny coaches who do not know what the hell is going on…