The New "TMNT"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

People of the rising generation, myself included, almost unanimously agree that the Turtles were just about the coolest amphibious ninjas that ever had a shell.

We bought their action figures, we had(or have) our favorites, we played those great arcade games, we watched the videos.

This year the FOX network decided that it was a winning formula, and they created a new season of Turtles entitled “TMNT,” launched with action figures and a full website.

I plan to scope out the show on Saturday. Has anyone seen it and would like to comment? It looked pretty cool and I like the new theme song, but I’m worried about their new look. They look so “bad” that it borders on evil.

The sewer hatch is open. What do you think?
P.S. Donatello rules.

I heard they’re gonna do the “Early Years” next. That should be fun. Let’s all sing the theme song together now.

Pre… Ah, Hix’s the only one who cares and he already knows the lyrics.

Heh heh, I would reply further, but it would derail the topic. …Later…

Yikes, just watched the preview for it. They all seem…bigger…eh, ill probably check it out anyway!
Hey hix, dont forget the lan party on Sat. :slight_smile:

I think they’re basing it more on the original comic book which was alot darker than the old show.

*Originally posted by hixofthehood *
**People of the rising generation, myself included, almost unanimously agree that the Turtles were just about the coolest amphibious ninjas that ever had a shell.

Not to be picky, but turtles are reptiles, not amphibians.

*Originally posted by MBiddy *
**I think they’re basing it more on the original comic book which was alot darker than the old show. **

Oh! That explains it! Thanks for the enlightenment. I will check it out then…looks awesome.

Side note: I had a feeling someone would comment on the reptiles thing. I should have clarified:) . I meant “amphibious” in a sense that they can traverse land and water. (In a sense that alligators are amphibious but are classified as reptiles)

/me hides his eyes

why can’t they just leave the late 80s and early 90s alone???

Yeah the turtles are prety neato but im still not goona watch it

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is probably one of my all time favorite cartoons. The first and second movies were good, but the third was really lame. Regardless, I have seen the premiere episode of the new TMNT on FoxBox and I am pretty impressed with what they did. I was worried that they may have turned the TMNT into a borderline okay/bad anime, something similar to what they did to Transformers on Cartoon Network. For the most part, the main theme and storyline is basically the same, and each turtle have their fair share of awesomeness during the episode. What is more impressive is the foot soldiers do not act, or look stupid. And Shredder. Man Shredder had this awesome battle gear in the movie, and the original cartoon series. But with the new TMNT, man he is so wicked! I even got the new shredder action figure (after I got my Donatello, of course). So in my humble opinion, it is definitely worth checking out.

Donatello is the best!:smiley:

Turtles on land are like humans in water. Are humans amphibious?

*Originally posted by CrazyBear *
**…So in my humble opinion, it is definitely worth checking out.

Donatello is the best!:smiley: **

Thanks! I am definitely going to try it out now. Shredder did look pretty crazy.

I’m going to start a poll.