The Red Alliance?

I found this while browsing the interwebs.

http://theredalliance.net/

???

Is this FIRST related?

At the bottom of the page it has the George HW Bush quote “It’s the WWF… For Smart People!” from last year’s Championship speech, so I would assume it’s FIRST related… aside from that… I know nothing.

-Greg

Search around here and you’ll find some stuff.

Its been coming soon since Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:23 PM.
Hmmm…

It looks like it hasn’t been touched in a while. Has a long way to go before it catches up to TBA. (I think we’re lookin at a G14 on the blue alliance).

FTC???

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=769914&postcount=27

My guess is yes, it is FIRST related. I don’t know what they’d do, but it could very well be. It doesn’t look like it’s been updated. If your looking to purchase the domain name, try clicking this link!

Maybe TBA could buy it and make a spin off site for FTC or FLL…
The Registration expires next month.
Directory listing

Yeah, my team owns the domain… We had big plans to make a FIRST video sharing network, but then we started talking to FIRST and they said we would need to get every sponsors permission to put their logos and team members in the videos (which were obviously going to be in them) and then that idea just died… We would possibly have to encounter major lawsuits if we do it wrong, or at minimum tens of thousands of waivers to be signed. So for right now, we have no major plans… Does anyone have any good ideas?

like it was said earlier spin off site for ftc or fll

Well Blue Alliance is video, maybe Red Alliance could be photos? Sure, we have CD Media but it could be far more effective to have a dedicated robotics photo sharing site.

…instead of any FLL/FTC threads getting pushed off the front page faster than robots tipped in '06.

I always thought it would be a good idea for the Red Alliance to be an archival site for non technical documents from teams. Chairman’s, WFFA, Hand books business plans, outreach etc.

so, how did The Blue Alliance pull this off again
or maybe youtube
or SOAP
or… name any other video sharing service that has events archived.

i’d like the site to be a user generated video site, minus archives, like say crowd reactions, or something funny that happened during build.

“the crazy stuff that happens at the hotels, or during build (dodgeball in 04 and 06) are the things that make FIRST a closer community than any other competitive event i have seen before”.

EDIT: or you could do the FTC/FLL thing, that doesn’t sound too bad… maybe even VRC?

I rather like the idea of a robot picture sharing site. On TRA could you archive match vidoes like TBA does, only maybe faster? :smiley: An FTC/FLL would also be a good idea.

The way that they do that is that they get the rights from FIRST for the waivers and then use them accordingly. The domain name will be up for grabs in the next few months, so if anyone is interested feel free. I have college coming up, and I know I will not have the time to make something amazing like what a high school student has the time to do. So if anyone is interested, just let us know and we can transfer the domain name to your account, or you could just buy it when it expires. Sorry we couldn’t do more, but we did try. Kinda sad, but we just ran out of time. Life seams to just fly by these days, wish I could of made something cool, but I have to leave something for the future FIRST students to create. Enjoy everyone, and have fun. Thanks.

you guys could make a record website, winners, chairmans, woodie flowers, that would be kinda cool

I believe that we have found a new home for TRA, we are most likely going to transfer over the domain to the very successful TBA, and let them take over, as we do not have the resources to run such a website at this time. Thanks,

-Mason Falk

So is TRA going to be pictures or woodie flowers/CA documents or…?

How about all 3? It would be good for a TBA similar site for those too (FIRST isn’t just all about FRC)