The Robonauts 118 - 2019 Video

Robonauts 2019:

We hope everyone had a great build season and enjoyed their final bag day. We’ll see you in Deep Space!

86 Likes

This robot could be much simpler if it had a mecanum drive train.

39 Likes

What is that 3D printed material… looks very familiar.

1 Like

Wow. Amazing job, again.

1 Like

Outclassed every day all day.

I’m disappointed your choose Omni over the superiority of mecanum!?!

6 Likes

Amazing robot, wish you guys were coming to Colorado again. Amazing job, like every other year.

4 Likes

I really enjoy how you power your climber wheels once it reaches the top

10 Likes

Awesome job, 118! Another inspirational robot. I especially love how all the manipulators are integrated into one mechanism and how the climber engages.

Good luck at your competitions this year!

2 Likes

Looks amazing! I love the integration between mechanisms

1 Like

That climber engagement into the drive to move forward is JAW DROPPING AMAZING.

16 Likes

That climber is amazing but why did they go for an H drive in one of the most defense heavy games in a while.

9 Likes

Nice.

2 Likes

Because the best way to counter defense isn’t a pushing match, it’s to outmaneuver them.

16 Likes

The field is relatively closed off this year and you have to line up super well. A little bump will throw them completely out of alignment.

2 Likes

They just redefined the meaning of power take off (PTO)!

5 Likes

How many takes did it take to get the shot at 0:54? Did someone pause the highlight video on the TV in the background while you ran across? Ha! Cool robot, can’t wait to see it in Houston!

20 Likes

H-drive rocker heavily inspired from 148’s design. Great little mechanism they came up with and we appreciate being able to steal it.
Good luck everybody.

14 Likes

Wait, they didn’t stop time?

1 Like

Nice robot. I can’t wait to see you in the field.

Good luck!

1 Like

Their whole field is actually surrounded by a series of cameras which allow them to move around like that and by using a neural network they were able to create the in between frames to make it look more smooth

2 Likes