The Techno Wolves Need your Help!

This is my first post on ChiefDelphi so sorry if it’s too long. I decided to post here because I really didn’t know who else to ask for help.

We have been having many organizational problems with our Student Leadership, Mentors, and Booster Club. Many student leads don’t provide input because and don’t feel the need to show up to leadership meetings or team events. Since there is no effort being put into planning for meetings, many student members also don’t show up. Another problem is that our mentors really don’t know how to be strict and enforce team rules without offending students and parents. The Booster Club has too much conflict-of-interest and one parent is basically doing everything while the board members are either scared to speak up or don’t see it as a problem. Most of the parents aren’t even aware of the team rules, although it is written on the team application that they sign, and also hardly show support at team events and competitions.

There are many of us who are trying to resolve the situation, which has been slowly improving over the years. Some of our main mentors are put into so much stress dealing with students and parents that they feel helpless. As someone who has been a student lead on the team and is now a mentor, I feel like what we have done so far isn’t enough. We are drastically losing sponsors as well as student members in the Business side of our team. We are getting more mentors but they don’t really know what’s going on.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what can be done to solve this problem?