The Thrifty Bot - Product Releases & Updates

With so many motors & planetary gearbox options these days, it seemed like an opportune time to create a single mount plate that allows teams to mount all the things

The Thrifty Motor Megaplate - sold in packs of 2

• REV Ultraplanetary Gearbox
  • REV NEO 550 & Banebots 550 Brushed motors
  • VEX Versaplanetary and Versaplanetary Lite gearboxes
  • AndyMark 57 Sport planetary gearboxes
  • 775 series brushed motors
  • REV NEO & VEX Falcon 500 brushless motors
  • Traditional Mini-CIM & CIM motors

4mm thick and 6061 aluminum makes these a nice robust option for various FRC applications.

Check it out over at The Thrifty Bot.

40 Likes

But, but, Throttle Motors.

6 Likes

The gift that keeps on giving.

18 Likes

One Plate to Mount them All?

14 Likes

No minibike (BIG CIM) motor?

Not. Even. Committed.

19 Likes

Personally I’m more peeved about the lack of compatibility with the slim cim.

11 Likes

What’s the distance from the center of the .874 hole to the bottom of the part?

2.275" from the bottom of the part, I’ll add this into the layout drawing.

This distance was set to ensure these plates worked with mini-CIMs and full size CIMs as many teams still use these, especially during prototyping.

But can it mount a banana?

6 Likes

Can I get it in colors other than black?

1 Like

The only plate you’ll ever need!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Don’t know if it’s by design, but since the megaplate is 2" wide, you could use them to space out quick little gear trains for intakes etc.

If I’ve done the math right, butting up two Megaplates side by side along a tube will get the perfect spacing for any two 20DP gears who’s teeth counts add to 80.

21 Likes

But since the main hole isn’t 1.125" you are limited on bearing options for your non-motor shaft. Maybe a 7/8" bearing for 3/8" thunderhex.

2 Likes

Guess I should just get a 1.125" bore version made :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Cool. But we inevitably end up bending these sorts of mount plates and end up cutting new ones from 1/4" think aluminum, so a heavy-duty option might be useful to some teams.

These are thicker than other sheet gussets & brackets on the market currently, I’d be impressed if someone bent them.

13 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Darn. I was really hoping it would line up with this.
edit: sniped by Allen

1 Like

As the One Plate to Rule them All was presumably forged in the fires of Mount Doom I doubt you could damage it with any lesser conditions.

2 Likes