The Woz on XM Radio

From Orbitcast, a Satellite Radio Blog:

The Woz Guest Hosts Show on XM

Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer and creator of the personal computer, will be hosting “Guest DJ On A Segway” on XM’s The Village (ch 15) this Tuesday, October 24th at Noon ET.

The 4.5 hour show features The Woz himself hanging out with host Christine Lavin. Wozniak talks about his new autobiography “iWoz: From Computer Geek To Cult Icon,” his love for the Segway (and Segway polo), his opinions on life, culture, and music. All the while he guest-DJs an excellent playlist that he whittled down after going through over five hundred of his favorite songs.

The story behind how The Woz got to guest-host the show is almost as interesting as the show itself. If you miss it on Tuesday, you can still catch the encores at: Friday at Midnight ET, Saturday 6pm ET and Monday 6am ET.

[via The Lefsetz Letter]
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

Link to the article: http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/the-woz-guest-hosts-show-on-xm.html

Note: The language in the comments characteristically heads south fast, so be forewarned if you choose to read the direct link to the article. To skip it, just read from the main page.

I was fortunate enough to talk to the Woz for a few seconds in Atlanta in 2005 I was very impressed with how open and approachable he was for being something of a celebrity to geeks like me (The guy designed the Apple II and the Atari Breakout game, for pete’s sake). He really is an engineering and education hero.

He seems to be a recurring Championship judge now. If you get a chance to say “hi” to him, definitely do.

Thanks for the info!

Who is the Woz?

“The Woz” is Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple. He’s been a judge at the championship a couple of times, as well as at the 2006 Boston Regional.

OOOOOOOOOOOO! I want to meet Woz! AP-PLE AP-PLE (chanting) AP-PLE AP-PLE :smiley: